User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire monitoring system for my 303

I have just installed the free Tirelync tire monitoring system that came with my camper and have to say that (to be nice about it), I am NOT impressed with it at all.
    Who has used a good system that works for our campers? What do you like or dislike?

Thanks in advance.

Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Tire Traker

Btw any tpms will work with your trailer as long as it has a high enough pressure threshold
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks and agree NB.....sometimes people use brands that are NOT any good...trying to stay away from them.
    Tire Traker huh? Will look.
    Thanks again.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I have just installed the free Tirelync tire monitoring system that came with my camper and have to say that (to be nice about it), I am NOT impressed with it at all.
    Who has used a good system that works for our campers? What do you like or dislike?

Thanks in advance.

Ray
    Pulled my Tirelync system out and added the GM TPMS sensors to my truck's monitoring system. Now my Sierra monitors all the tire pressures on the TV and camper.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use and am happy with TireMinder.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tire Linc system that came with my trailer continues to ride in a drawer (I really don't like it). I took the TST 507 TPMS off the trailer I traded in for my GD and installed it the day I picked it up. Nice display. Easy to install and program. It's capable of monitoring more trailers and tires than most people have. It's proved to be very reliable for me. In two different instances (one bad valve stem and one tire with a nail) I was alerted to tire pressure slowly bleeding down before there was a blowout or any damage to the tires/trailer.

I did go with the "cap" type sensors as opposed to the flow-thru type. I feel like the flow-thru sensors extend too far out from the wheel.
    Don and Linda along with Trixie and Chase the Camping Dogs
    Jacksonville, Florida

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax Crewcab LTZ
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the TST system, but I have the flow-through caps and would not do that again. They are very restrictive, and anything over a pound or two takes unnecessarily long to add air.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don and Linda View Post
    The Tire Linc system that came with my trailer continues to ride in a drawer (I really don't like it). I took the TST 507 TPMS off the trailer I traded in for my GD and installed it the day I picked it up. Nice display. Easy to install and program. It's capable of monitoring more trailers and tires than most people have. It's proved to be very reliable for me. In two different instances (one bad valve stem and one tire with a nail) I was alerted to tire pressure slowly bleeding down before there was a blowout or any damage to the tires/trailer.

I did go with the "cap" type sensors as opposed to the flow-thru type. I feel like the flow-thru sensors extend too far out from the wheel.

We also use the TST507 with the cap sensors. I have two trailers set up. Thankfully, I have never had an issue with the camper but twice it alerted me to leaks on my snowmobile trailer.

Well worth the investment, IMO.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don and Linda View Post

Do you folks retro fitting the TST system with the cap sensors need the available repeater/signal booster? Signal good? Any issues getting the sensors to sync? It stinks to have to buy the cap sensors but I too have the monitor from my last TT and would like this system on the new 5er. It worked well for its intended purpose.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the TST system on our last 5th wheel, a 40' toyhauler, and it worked okay without the repeater...mostly. The newer models now come with the repeater, and I bought a repeater so I wouldn't have any issues going forward. This monitor and sensors are still going strong after more than 10 years.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast