User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrating Furrion controller

We have a solar panel on the roof, a Furrion MPPT controller in the pass-through, and two LiFePO4 batteries on the tongue. The controller can be set for three different types of batteries, including Lithium. Each morning I go out to check the propane and set the solar controller to Lithium. Isn't it supposed to stay where it is set?

Most likely this fall or winter I'm going to add additional solar panels and batteries. I'm guessing that I'll probably need to upgrade the controller at that time, too. Maybe the new one will either be Li only or stay where it is set.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    We have a solar panel on the roof, a Furrion MPPT controller in the pass-through, and two LiFePO4 batteries on the tongue. The controller can be set for three different types of batteries, including Lithium. Each morning I go out to check the propane and set the solar controller to Lithium. Isn't it supposed to stay where it is set?

Most likely this fall or winter I'm going to add additional solar panels and batteries. I'm guessing that I'll probably need to upgrade the controller at that time, too. Maybe the new one will either be Li only or stay where it is set.
    Once set to a specific battery type, the controller should continue to operate in that mode. What color LED are you seeing?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furrion MPPT Operation.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	45574
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I move it to the Lithium position (green light). The next morning it is on the sealed position (yellow light).

The converter is the standard one, not one for lithium. I wonder if the solar controller is somehow getting cues from that converter.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went out again. Same thing - controller was on sealed. I switched it to lithium again. I'll check it again later today since it is pretty cloudy. I wonder if it goes to sleep when there isn't enough sunlight to provide a charge, and when it wakes up it defaults to the sealed position.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried doing a reset on the controller? Hold down the battery selector button for more than 5 seconds (May take longer) and you will see the lights cycle through a reset.

I have been battling this on mine since I switched to lithium as have many others on various forums. I generally leave mine plugged into shore power while storing. As a test, I performed the reset and unplugged from shore power. Every couple of days I have been turning on a few things to draw the power down to about 90% SOC and letting the solar alone charge the battery (200 ah lithium). The MPPT has remained on the lithium setting. Today, I plan to plug back into shore power and see if it stays that way. I highly suspect the converter/charger is the culprit. Should know more in the next few days.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now the #4 light is red instead of green. I tried a reset and no change. The manual's troubleshooting page seems to indicate that the battery may be overcharged.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went out to check again. Voltage is 13.61 volts. The red light is still on, even after doing a reset.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went out to check again. Voltage is 13.61 volts. The red light is still on, even after doing a reset.
    The red light indicates an error state. I'd try completely disconnecting the controller from both the battery and solar panels. Reconnect the battery first.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked again this morning. The red light was green and it was back on sealed. Switched it to lithium and headed down the road. This afternoon, after we landed, I checked again. Still on lithium and still green.We went out for a bit of a walk after supper and still fine. I'll see what it says tomorrow morning.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked again this morning. Back to sealed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast