User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put in a lifpo battery and mine is doing the same thing. Have reset and tried different connect orders like battery then pv and still changes overnight. Once the sun gird down mine seems to sleep, no green lights. In the morning it’s back to sealed.
    Last edited by nprario; 03-30-2023 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Not finished

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nprario View Post
    I just put in a lifpo battery and mine is doing the same thing. Have reset and tried different connect orders like battery then pv and still changes overnight. Once the sun gird down mine seems to sleep, no green lights. In the morning it’s back to sealed.
    Stock (non-lithium) converter? I am about 90% sure that is causing the problem on my 303RLS. I did a test for several days with the converter turned off - stayed in lithium mode. Then I ran a test with the converter on, but in boost mode. Three days now with a draw on the battery, converter on, and battery at 100% - still in lithium mode. I made a video of the converter charge test - link below. During the test, I continued to verify the output of the solar controller while monitoring the output of the converter.

https://youtu.be/AORYMHbJRPU
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up for a test. I turned the converter off and made sure that the solar controller is on Lithium. Temps are only supposed to get down to about 60 tonight, so I can turn the furnace off. We'll see what happens in the morning.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, stock non lithium converter. I did buy the booster. Will check out your video, thanks.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I turned the converter off before the sun went down. This morning the solar controller knew that it was charging lithium batteries. Unfortunately it was fairly cloudy today, and then this afternoon and evening we got some storms, so I had to turn the converter on again to get the battery fully charged. It is off again for the night. If the controller is still where it is supposed to be tomorrow morning I'd say Jomani has the solution.

One of the suggested solar gurus seems to think that the converters aren't worth having. Just have enough solar panels to keep the batteries charged and take care of the 12 vdc needs. True? Looks like a decent converter is somewhere around $200. Would I be better off putting that $200 towards another solar panel? Should I replace this Furrion solar controller with something better? I'd like to add both panels and batteries next spring.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Converters are absolutely worth having, 100%. I would get a lithium capable converter before buying anything else.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I have done the reset and with converter on and off. When I loose PV overnight the controller goes back to sealed everytime. Not sure what ti do now other than replace the controller.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, next test tonight. For the last two nights I turned the converter off before dark, and the solar controller was still on lithium in the morning. When I turned the converter on, I saw a large increase in amps going in. Tonight I left the converter on, so we'll see whether the solar controller has things figured out.

I'll start a new thread about a replacement converter.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I left the converter on, and this morning the solar controller was back to the sealed position. Looks like my choices are to either change it to lithium each morning or turn the converter off each night. Meantime, I'm shopping for a new converter. The suggestion was made in the other thread that I might want to consider a combo converter/inverter, especially since I do want to increase the inverter capacity.

Research time.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Last night I left the converter on, and this morning the solar controller was back to the sealed position. Looks like my choices are to either change it to lithium each morning or turn the converter off each night. Meantime, I'm shopping for a new converter. The suggestion was made in the other thread that I might want to consider a combo converter/inverter, especially since I do want to increase the inverter capacity.

Research time.
    I think where you go from here really depends on how you camp and what you want to get out of the converter. The easy solution (certainly not always the best) is to do a converter swap - PowerMax, WFCO, or Progressive Dynamics all make units that will drop right in.

In you need/want an inverter, then an all-in-one unit might be your answer. That would involve some rewiring - both AC and DC. Battery disconnect, fusing, bus bar will Ann need to be configured. Transfer switch - built in or external. Do you already have inverter/inverter prep?
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast