User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrating day at RV dealer

We had a small area approximately 2ft by 3ft in our imagine trailer that the tile got a little spongey. Took it to the rv dealer for an estimate and wow what a surprise. $20,000 just in labor. The trailer is only 5 years old and I done regular inspections. Dealer said it was leaking around the slide and around the awning brackets. Seems like poor craftsmanship to me. Not sure about grand design!!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd probably consider a 2nd opinion if it's not something you're going to fix yourself. For that price, might be worth an insurance claim.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbroke View Post
    We had a small area approximately 2ft by 3ft in our imagine trailer that the tile got a little spongey. Took it to the rv dealer for an estimate and wow what a surprise. $20,000 just in labor. The trailer is only 5 years old and I done regular inspections. Dealer said it was leaking around the slide and around the awning brackets. Seems like poor craftsmanship to me. Not sure about grand design!!
    Run Forest Run!

Definitely get a second opinion.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can promise you it is not just Grand design. I've owned motorhomes and trailers all different brands and they are all susceptible to water damage. Just like a house roof, if it isn't kept up it will leak. And with the inferior caulks the entire industry uses, it requires the owner to be much more diligent about checking and sealing everything. Add to the fact that it's thundering down the road twisting and vibrating, it's a no-win situation for that poor little box on wheels.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)