User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tl;dr - Presume you need a license unless specifically told otherwise by someone official.

Colorado/New Mexico - you need a license. Heck, you may need a trout stamp. Same with state parks and (at least most) national parks.

While some parks may have private fishing lakes that don’t need licenses, there’s more to it than just being entirely in the park boundary. If theres a stream running to or from the lake it’ll almost undoubtably need a state license.

Also - even if fishing is legal without a license you need to follow the regs for that particular body of water. One state park we stay at fairly often has a number of small lakes that DON’T have the same regulations. Literally, walk across the road from where you were using worms and it’s artificial bait only.

Finally - there are places like where I’m staying right now that are on reservation land… and the reservation needs a license.

All that said - I pretty much always have two or more setups with me anywhere I go, and at least for me fishing is as much a part of camping as campfires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's usually not a problem because if you go somewhere that has a bait shop and if you need a license for that body of water, they'll be able to sell it to you. It's the money from place to place that might get spendy.

Now theres an idea......... a FEDERAL fishing license for those of us that galavant the country. The Feds could issue the license, take a fee and split the rest with the states. I'll be back, gotta write my Senator
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    It's usually not a problem because if you go somewhere that has a bait shop and if you need a license for that body of water, they'll be able to sell it to you. It's the money from place to place that might get spendy.

Now theres an idea......... a FEDERAL fishing license for those of us that galavant the country. The Feds could issue the license, take a fee and split the rest with the states. I'll be back, gotta write my Senator
    I am thinking about that and laughing. I live in NY and of course they would want a big slice of that pie. I mean it is NY. Oh, the arguing over that would be fun to watch.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post

IF they could get all the states to agree on allowing it, my bet is that once you added up how much each state wanted for their share, the federal fishing license would cost more than the out-of-state licenses at the six most expensive states combined.

But given how hard it is to get even a group of neighboring states to agree on something, it’s doubtful that you could get all 50 states (or even the 48 contiguous states) to agree to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most states you can by a 5day or 7 day up to 10 days fishing license. yellowstone park is 45.00 dollars for 7 days i think been along time since i fished in the park. I,ve fished washington, montana, idaho, utah, colorado, new mexico and wyoming. Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12