User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controls on the outside of the RV

I have been looking at some newer RVs. I see many that have the auto leveling switches on the outside. What stops anyone coming up and pushing buttons while you are away or in it sleeping?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I have been looking at some newer RVs. I see many that have the auto leveling switches on the outside. What stops anyone coming up and pushing buttons while you are away or in it sleeping?
    Where do you stay that someone would do that??
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Where do you stay that someone would do that??
    Where do you stay where there are no kids? Been at a ton of places where kids run wild. I don't see where it is that hard to imagine a child pushing a button.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controls on the outside of the RV

Where do you stay where there are no kids? Been at a ton of places where kids run wild. I don't see where it is that hard to imagine a child pushing a button.
    Many trailers have electric stabilizers on them with switches right in the open
    There are plenty of things “kids” could do. Turn off your power,propane, open your gate valves but they don’t. At least I have never had that problem

We’re you looking to buy one of these trailers ?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Many trailers have electric stabilizers on them with switches right in the open
    There are plenty of things “kids” could do. Turn off your power,propane, open your gate valves but they don’t. At least I have never had that problem

We’re you looking to buy one of these trailers ?
    We are shopping for different types/brands of RVs. It seems to be very common on TTs, Fifth Wheels and Class Cs. Seems like a stupid design to have it on the outside of the RV. But the reality is there is nothing stopping anyone.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing if you camp around people you will have the people problems you have at home.
    i have been rving since 1992.i do not camp around people for many reasons. that is just another one
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    nothing if you camp around people you will have the people problems you have at home.
    i have been rving since 1992.i do not camp around people for many reasons. that is just another one
    We just started last year and what I learned is that I don't like KOAs (my opinion). They are hit or miss. One was so worn out our EMS was constantly shutting down. Another had a bunch of drunk 20 somethings that had the cops called on them for fighting (owner had thousands of dollars of damage). Yet another had full timers there that hated outsiders.

I am trying to convince my Wife to go to the more "Adult" parks. Some don't even allow anyone under 18 (even visitors).

I just wanted to make sure there was not some sort of lock on the leveling systems.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just started last year and what I learned is that I don't like KOAs (my opinion). They are hit or miss. One was so worn out our EMS was constantly shutting down. Another had a bunch of drunk 20 somethings that had the cops called on them for fighting (owner had thousands of dollars of damage). Yet another had full timers there that hated outsiders.

I am trying to convince my Wife to go to the more "Adult" parks. Some don't even allow anyone under 18 (even visitors).

I just wanted to make sure there was not some sort of lock on the leveling systems.
    a hidden kill switch would be easy to do
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Momentum has an "outside" control for the auto leveling/landing gear, but it is mounted on the same door that encloses the Nautilus system...so the door is lockable. If I had one that was exposed, my likely solution would be to add a keyed electrical on/off switch that would kill power to the leveling controls. Yes, it would be some extra cost/work to do, but if I felt that uncomfortable with it possibly being tampered with, it would certainly be an option. The steady 12V that comes to the leveling switch would just be cut, and the keyed on/off switch installed with the power lead going to it. From that switch, the lead would then go to the auto level control......turn the key to off and remove it.....leveler no worky. Insert the key and turn it on....leveler works as normal.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same thing that keeps them from climbing up on the roof and cutting holes in the roofing, or letting the air out of your tires, or painting graffiti on the side of your trailer, or any number of other things. Of the things to worry about, this one would rate waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast