User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 226RK Front measurements needed, setting up new hitch

This may have been posted before, but I haven't found what I'm looking for during a search.

I'm setting up a 2019 Chevy 2500HD crew cab short bed with in bed rails, and a new B&W Patriot 16K hitch. As I put the hitch together, I have the option of setting the coupler higher or lower, forward, or aft. What I need are some simple measurements, if someone can help me. I need two measurements:

1. Pin to outer body distance. In other words, when I make a turn, how close will the front cap come to my cab.

2. Level (camper) height distance from ground to the pin plate.

That way, I can sort of set the hitch up before I hook up to a new camper.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

TIA, David
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance you know the total length when hooked up? I'm evaluating buying this model so I can triple tow a boat but I can't find the hooked up total length of truck and 226rk anywhere.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget that double towing is not legal in some/most of the eastern states.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
    This may have been posted before, but I haven't found what I'm looking for during a search.

I'm setting up a 2019 Chevy 2500HD crew cab short bed with in bed rails, and a new B&W Patriot 16K hitch. As I put the hitch together, I have the option of setting the coupler higher or lower, forward, or aft. What I need are some simple measurements, if someone can help me. I need two measurements:

1. Pin to outer body distance. In other words, when I make a turn, how close will the front cap come to my cab.

2. Level (camper) height distance from ground to the pin plate.

That way, I can sort of set the hitch up before I hook up to a new camper.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

TIA, David

David: I'm probably too late posting this but maybe my comments might help someone else. I bought the same hitch prior to picking up our 295RL trailer and had the same questions as you have asked. There are too many variables between trailer and truck bed height and pin locations to preset everything.

What I ended up doing was to assemble the B&W Patriot hitch in the configuration I felt would work but I left the bolts loose, put a big sign on the hitch informing the dealer people the bolts were loose and let them make the final adjustments when my new trailer was hooked up to my truck. I had it close but they still had to change the height to get enough bed rail clearance. Hope this helps someone.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctbosworth View Post
    Any chance you know the total length when hooked up? I'm evaluating buying this model so I can triple tow a boat but I can't find the hooked up total length of truck and 226rk anywhere.
    It will depend upon the brand and length of the truck you're towing with, and the hitch position in the bed. I'm unhooked now, but today I'll measure the truck from front bumper to hitch jaws, and then go to the camper and measure it from back to pin location. Hopefully that will help. I'm also fighting the flu, it might even be tomorrow before I go measure.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    David: I'm probably too late posting this but maybe my comments might help someone else. I bought the same hitch prior to picking up our 295RL trailer and had the same questions as you have asked. There are too many variables between trailer and truck bed height and pin locations to preset everything.

What I ended up doing was to assemble the B&W Patriot hitch in the configuration I felt would work but I left the bolts loose, put a big sign on the hitch informing the dealer people the bolts were loose and let them make the final adjustments when my new trailer was hooked up to my truck. I had it close but they still had to change the height to get enough bed rail clearance. Hope this helps someone.
    We picked the camper up on Saturday. I guessed at the setup. I set the hitch up one hole down, and all the way to the rear, as I'm not planning on using the Turning Point feature unless I need to. I's close. I have plenty of cab clearance, but it's a little high as I have 7" clearance between the bed and camper nose. I'm going to drop it one mounting hole and see how that works. FWIW, it towed like a dream as it is, very stable, no chucking at all.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
    We picked the camper up on Saturday. I guessed at the setup. I set the hitch up one hole down, and all the way to the rear, as I'm not planning on using the Turning Point feature unless I need to. I's close. I have plenty of cab clearance, but it's a little high as I have 7" clearance between the bed and camper nose. I'm going to drop it one mounting hole and see how that works. FWIW, it towed like a dream as it is, very stable, no chucking at all.
    I have a 2020 model 150 series and I'm guessing the front design and dimensions are about the same. I've been towing with a slider hitch and would like to go with a B&W Patriot hitch, and I'm wondering if you have pretty good turning range with the fixed hitch? The slider hitch in my truck has never been needed in about 12 years of use, and I've never had a need to make those extremely tight turns that are bad on the trailer's suspension.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I have a 2020 model 150 series and I'm guessing the front design and dimensions are about the same. I've been towing with a slider hitch and would like to go with a B&W Patriot hitch, and I'm wondering if you have pretty good turning range with the fixed hitch? The slider hitch in my truck has never been needed in about 12 years of use, and I've never had a need to make those extremely tight turns that are bad on the trailer's suspension.
    The dimensions should be the same, I would think. They have changed the color scheme to be lighter both inside and out, which we like. As I said in an earlier post, I've got a B7W Patriot 16K. I have it set up all the way back, and with that, I have plenty of cab clearance.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctbosworth View Post
    Getting back to you with measurements. My 2019 Silverado 2500HD is a short bed. It measures 16' 1" from the front bumper to the center of the hitch jaws. Remember, I have it set up all the way back, So if you have a hitch that is adjustable fore and aft, that measurement could be less. The camper itself is 27' from the back wall to the center of the pin. The ladder on the back adds another 7" to that. Be careful what you try to tow hitched to the Reflection as I don't think it's rated for very much.