Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Cart

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golf Cart

Thinking of buying a golf cart to haul in toy hauler to use in campgrounds, which would be preferred gas or electric? Would rather have gas but don't want to not be allowed in some campgrounds. What have others found work the best?
    2014 355th Momentum 2015 GMC Denali Duramax DRW

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had one but I'll chime in... I would think electric would be the way to go cuz it's quiet and clean UNLESS you do a lot of camping without hookups and would have to run the generator to charge it, then go gas. Also, power is included in the price at camp grounds, gas is not.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gas ! More travel distance, less maintenance, lighter, can be easily adjusted for more speed. That's just my 2 cents.
    If You are Lucky ... You are Lucky Enough

Bob & Jayne
    Ninety Six, SC & Ft. Myers, FL
    2022 Solitude 390 GK R
    2020 RAM 3500 SRD 4x4 Limited
    6.7l H/O & Aisin trans

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a mobile home in a park on Lake Havasu. We leave the golf cart there year round. From our experience, we had a 2 stroke cart (no longer available new), and then upgraded to a new golf cart and went electric this round. For us, we regret the move to electric and would have went back to gas and got a 4 stroke. The maintenance of the 6 batteries plus replacement (which gets pricey). Also, when you "run out of juice", batteries you have to charge over night, gas, just fill it up.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

scott42blue
    Many of the higher end RV parks do not allow gas golf carts, ATV or side by side type vehicles. A lot of people modify them make them louder and faster than stock. The reason I believe liability of fast carts. Electric can be modified to be almost as fast.
    I would only consider electric if you travel and go to different campgrounds. If you go to the same places and they allow gas it may be a option. Electric ( not sure about gas ) can be made street legal in many areas restricted to 35 MPH streets. Seat belts and other safety items are required plus tags and insurance. I made mine street legal just to have the option. If cart is street legal with tags and insurance not a lot they can do to stop you , but they may tell you to leave. Not something I want to get involved with.
    Areas where golf carts are street legal will be more high end, resort, country club areas .
    Scott

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott42blue View Post
    Many of the higher end RV parks do not allow gas golf carts, ATV or side by side type vehicles. A lot of people modify them make them louder and faster than stock. The reason I believe liability of fast carts.

I thought that the main reason would be the noise they make.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

scott42blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    I thought that the main reason would be the noise they make.

Dave
    Dave
    100 % correct. I also believe some young adult running around with 50 MPH atv plays into the liability issue also along with noise. At the same time 5 and 10 year olds will be riding bikes and scooters in the same area.
    I am facing this issue as daughter started camping with us at 6 months old. This will be our first year of a 16 YO driving golf cart.
    Scott

mandolin57
    If you're interested in a gas one, we're selling ours. Got it reconditioned in November of 2013 and we have barely used it. It's in extremely good condition. 2006 EZGO TXT with lift kit and supped up wheels and paint job. We're selling it, because we're going full-time next year and we don't want to put it in storage or pull it every where we're traveling too, with the trailer behind. If you'd like more info...let me know BTW, were in PA.

C130TN
    I just bought a new Yamaha gas gold cart after trying to figure out which one we wanted for weeks. It's very quiet though obviously not as quite as an electric golf cart. Basically no price difference new between the two but the gas has quite a bit higher resale value according to the dealers. It's fuel injected and burns very little gas, kids have already put over 20 hours on it in a couple of weeks. It is all stock and I'll add the back seat later which looks fairly easy to do. After looking around a lot I just decided to buy a new one and add the back seat and maybe different wheels later. It was about the same price as buying a retrofitted, lifted cart that was on a 2011-2012 frame.

I didn't know this but the new Yamaha electric powered carts are AC powered, not DC. I drove one and they have a lot of power, more than the DC powered. I'm not sure the top speed but the thing was pretty fast completely stock.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a Polaris Razor and tell'em it's a golf cart. They're not at all boring like the golf carts the retirees drive around in our campground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast