User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leaf spring manufacturer

The axles on my trailer are Dexter. With all the talk about broken and sagging springs, I would like to carry a spare spring assembly. So to find the OEM part number do I contact Dexter or Lippert?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    The axles on my trailer are Dexter. With all the talk about broken and sagging springs, I would like to carry a spare spring assembly. So to find the OEM part number do I contact Dexter or Lippert?
    Dexter - You could start by finding the information tag on the axle, then send all that information to Dexter and they will return all the data about the axle. I did this when searching for leaf springs for our rig to carry as a spare and they gave me a wealth of information including the leaf spring length. They will give you spring weight, length, width. Then use that information to start searching for a spring which I ended up buying mine from Dexter direct. Or you could get a spare from Lippert or anywhere you can find them. Most likely china made springs. Understand whether the measurement they give you is loaded or unloaded with weight to match up with web site listings for springs and length. They gave us ours as a loaded length.

For example ours listed as 24 7/8 - 25.25 Eye to eye unloaded, but 26 inches loaded.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-29-2023 at 10:24 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Dexter - You could start by finding the information tag on the axle, then send all that information to Dexter and they will return all the data about the axle. I did this when searching for leaf springs for our rig to carry as a spare and they gave me a wealth of information including the leaf spring length. They will give you spring weight, length, width. Then use that information to start searching for a spring which I ended up buying mine from Dexter direct. Or you could get a spare from Lippert or anywhere you can find them. Most likely china made springs. Understand whether the measurement they give you is loaded or unloaded with weight to match up with web site listings for springs and length. They gave us ours as a loaded length.

For example ours listed as 24 7/8 - 25.25 Eye to eye unloaded, but 26 inches loaded.
    I already have all the data on the Dexter axle assembly. Isn't there a specific part number for the springs on my trailer as delivered by GD? As opposed to dimensions? It would seem Lippert would be the manufacturer as Dexter appears to supply only the axle and brake components.

Or did Dexter manufacture it?
    Last edited by dryfly; 03-29-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will not find a Dexter or GDRV part number specifically for the leaf springs as built from GDRV, at least I never did. GDRV only lists the whole axle not the individual parts, same with Dexter. I had to send the part numbers off the axle to Dexter 7658660 Serial number 131157791 and GDRV part number 120087 to Dexter and they sent back the data in the pic. I had to use that data and go find the leaf springs that fit the specs for Length, width and weight.

That translated to Dexter part number 072-098-02 specifically for the leaf springs, at least for my rig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unnamed1 (2).jpeg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-29-2023 at 03:47 PM.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    You will not find a Dexter or GDRV part number specifically for the leaf springs as built from GDRV, at least I never did. GDRV only lists the whole axle not the individual parts, same with Dexter. I had to send the part numbers off the axle to Dexter 7658660 Serial number 131157791 and GDRV part number 120087 to Dexter and they sent back the data in the pic. I had to use that data and go find the leaf springs that fit the specs for Length, width and weight.

That translated to Dexter part number 072-098-02 specifically for the leaf springs, at least for my rig.
    Here is what Dexter sent me. A full spec sheet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C478A7E-4934-4A2A-85EF-B62870A8C868.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	45608
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Here is what Dexter sent me. A full spec sheet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C478A7E-4934-4A2A-85EF-B62870A8C868.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	45608
    You got a whole lot more info than I did back from Dextrer, but Your leaf spring data is in the Shop Order Options - 1.75 wide, 26" Dbl Eye, 3000#. I had to use that data plus the number of leaf's on Dexter's web site and use that data to get the Dexter part number for the springs that came on my rig. Plus I had a little help from the forum from guys that had been through the same thing before me.