User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update from OP: I ended up purchasing a Canon EOS T7. Turns out that the manual focus operation of my old SLR camera just doesn't react the same way as a DSLR camera. The SLR is basically a "souped up" version of a point and shoot camera but doesn't do the "souped up" part very well. As you fine people already know, the DSLR can also do the point and shoot function very well but also handles manual operations equally well. I didn't know this before so it's been a great learning experience.

I could have spent more money on a nicer camera but found the T7 accomplished exactly what I was looking for at a good price with all the features and benefits that satisfy my needs. Thanks again for all the fantastic feedback. It was really helpful.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Update from OP: I ended up purchasing a Canon EOS T7. Turns out that the manual focus operation of my old SLR camera just doesn't react the same way as a DSLR camera. The SLR is basically a "souped up" version of a point and shoot camera but doesn't do the "souped up" part very well. As you fine people already know, the DSLR can also do the point and shoot function very well but also handles manual operations equally well. I didn't know this before so it's been a great learning experience.

I could have spent more money on a nicer camera but found the T7 accomplished exactly what I was looking for at a good price with all the features and benefits that satisfy my needs. Thanks again for all the fantastic feedback. It was really helpful.
    I think you should be happy with that. I have an older canon with a fixed lens and a large zoom but no wifi (which I think I want now) It has treated me well and is about 8 years old... We'll be watching for pics off the new camera
    ENJOY!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123