User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS Snow Load

California's back-to-back atmospheric rivers dumped over 8 feet of snow recently on our mountain home near Yosemite, and I'm pleased to report that our Imagine XLS trailer survived! I inspected the trailer after the snow melted, and there appears to be no damage to either the roof structure or the axles. Kudos Grand Design for the high-quality construction! The snow had compacted quite a bit when this picture was taken, but it was heavy enough to put a fairly large dent in the cab's roof of our truck (parked next to the trailer). The pile of snow in the foreground was created by the bulldozer used to clear our mile-long road and driveway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 700002825.jpg  
    Roger & Leonard
    Imagine XLS 21BHE / RAM 1500 5.7L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biery-Bullock View Post
    California's back-to-back atmospheric rivers dumped over 8 feet of snow recently on our mountain home near Yosemite, and I'm pleased to report that our Imagine XLS trailer survived! I inspected the trailer after the snow melted, and there appears to be no damage to either the roof structure or the axles. Kudos Grand Design for the high-quality construction! The snow had compacted quite a bit when this picture was taken, but it was heavy enough to put a fairly large dent in the cab's roof of our truck (parked next to the trailer). The pile of snow in the foreground was created by the bulldozer used to clear our mile-long road and driveway.
    Good to know. Thanks! The most we ever received in Meridian, Idaho I can remember was 1.5 feet, so I think our XLS will do well.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated