User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken Desk Drawer

The GF didn't check before putting the slide out and broke on of the desk drawers in my 320mks. It bent the rails. Do I need special ones, or will any from the store work that are the same length?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​i think any slide the same size would work did the wall brackets break? In our reflection all their drawer slides are mounted to the back wall of cabinets.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went through the exact same thing. I called GD and told him which drawer. They sent me the correct rails and it cost $15, including shipping

They look exactly the same as the ones I saw online at Home Depot, but it saved me running around. They arrived in about five days.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a drawer that wouldn't stay shut. I got replacement rails on Amazon. Kind of a PIA to change with all the staples.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the same thing. I was able to fix the drawer but the slide was bent beyond repair.
    GD parts helped us source the parts. I kept the original part that attaches to the end of the slide and screws into the back side of the cabinet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drawer Glide 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	45640

Was an easy fix. It just required a square end screwdriver.
    Last edited by Fivecodys; 03-31-2023 at 12:07 PM.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    I had a drawer that wouldn't stay shut. I got replacement rails on Amazon. Kind of a PIA to change with all the staples.

That’s a good point. To the OP, my rear extensions to each slide were not damaged so I left them stapled to the back frame. That made sliding in the new rails a snap, they just slide into the extensions.

My point being, don’t remove/replace the rear part unless it’s damaged as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Thanks everyone. Going to Home Depot today to see if they have these rails. Much appreciated.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RobertS377. I have a similar accident. . . . 2 shallow drawers below refigerator are shabbily constructed using only staples driven into Luan and not strong enough for weight. Both drawer floors came loose and "fell". I bent a ball-bearing slide removing one of the broken / disjointed drawers hoping to find EXACT 18" slide so as to only replace ONE. (there's little working room to make this repair since its only 14" off floor and kitchen island is an obstruction). I was able to re-build / reinforce one drawer and install it though it operates tightly. Your story has inspired me to contact GD directly for parts. I couldn't find it at Home Depot. Otherwise I'll need to replace slides for remaining drawer as a matching PAIR.
    2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. Tow package (axel 2.42) 5.3L
    2023 Grand Design "Imagine" Model 2670 MK