User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my past trailer life I had an F250 with the 6 1/2 ft box, crew cab, SWD, 4WD and towed a 35 ft Montana. Never had a sliding hitch and never had an issue.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2012 F250 Super Duty Diesel with 6-1/2 foot bed. We use the B&W Companion Slider to pull out 260RD Reflection trailer. Love the set up. We do not use the turning point feature of the trailer, keeping it locked all the time. As you pointed out, we can remove the hitch in 2 pieces to leave the bed clean when needed. Easy with an electric winch too. We don't use the slider very often, but it's a handy feature to have in your tool box if ever needed. A lot of folks will talk about the Anderson Hitch, which is very nice, light and easy to put in / take out. We considered it and decided against. A technician at the dealership told me that they are fine until you have to stop suddenly. They can collapse with the rig pounding though the cab. Not good IMHO. Good luck you your choices. Have fun traveling.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re headed out in our new 270BN next week. 2022 GMC 2500 regular bed (6’-9”), B&W Companion non-slider. The extra few inches over a 6’-6” bed may help a little but it doesn’t appear that not having a slider will be detrimental. We’ll be gone for several weeks so plenty of opportunity to test it out.
    2022 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500 Standard Bed Duramax SRW
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 150 270BN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer58 View Post
    Thank you for all of your replies. After several phone calls, I talked to Lippert yesterday and the advised me on a hitch that would work with my setup. It's a Curt model # C16520-16017 and a Wedge model # 16992. My new truck came in yesterday, I ordered the hitch from E-Trailer and it will be here Thursday. Probably take the MK-200 down to trade for the new 270-BN on Sunday or Monday. Looking forward to getting on the road with the new truck and trailer. Thanks again for all of the input, I'll post some pictures and let you know how it all works out, boomer.
    I am considering upgrading to pretty much the exact same setup. 2024 F250, and the 270-BN. I would appreciate an update on how your setup turned out. Any bed to trailer clearance/leveling issues? I am reading about people needing spacers on the trailer axles to level the 270. Has the seemly low pin weight of 1166 lbs been an issue?

Seems I may have been fooling myself that I just needed to get the truck, install the hitch, and connect and go.

Appreciate any details you can share.
    Bob & Francie - Oceanside CA
    2018 F150 Platinum, SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L V6 EB, 145”WB, Max trailer tow pkg
    Our RV: Imagine 2022 XLS 22MLE - Purchased 2/22/2022.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM has been sent

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanteer View Post
    I am considering upgrading to pretty much the exact same setup. 2024 F250, and the 270-BN. I would appreciate an update on how your setup turned out. Any bed to trailer clearance/leveling issues? I am reading about people needing spacers on the trailer axles to level the 270. Has the seemly low pin weight of 1166 lbs been an issue?

Seems I may have been fooling myself that I just needed to get the truck, install the hitch, and connect and go.

Appreciate any details you can share.
    The very low pin weight has been an issue for us. I have found no way to get close to 20%. I can’t even get to 15%. We love the layout however when towing we get chucking and bouncing because of the light pin weight.
    2022 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500 Standard Bed Duramax SRW
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 150 270BN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12