User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21 BHE axle weight ratings 3,000lbs to 3,500lbs?

Hi all. We are looking at buying a used 21 BHE in the 2019 to 2022 years. I came across a discussion about axle ratings that said they started to use 3,500lb axles with some 2021 models and newer. I can't find any easy info to confirm this. I have seen some talk that they used 2,500lb axles back in 2019. Micro Minnies had a similar issue as well during this timeframe and might be all be tied to supply issues. I don't know. I have hauled cargo and raft trailers (not travel) cross-country numerous times. If I had a choice, I would feel much more comfortable with a GVWR of 6,000lbs (like the 21 BHE) on two 3,500lb axles vs two 3,000lb axles. I know the definitive answer is on each individual trailer sticker, but it has proven frustrating trying to find any axle rating on any particular year. This would help me narrow my search to just 2021 or newer if this is true. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to shed some light on this quandry.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could just crawl under the unit you are looking at and see what it has
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 21bhe purchased Aug 2019. It had 3000 lb dexter axles. Fast forward a couple years and we noticed one axle had bent. GD told me I was out of warranty and wouldn't help. I called dexter as the axles had a 3 yr warranty. Dexter told me that they no longer made the 3000 lb axles and they would send me 2 new 3500 lb axles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. That is good to know that Dexter did that for you. That is exactly what I was wanting more info on. Do the 2021 or 2022 and newer 21 BHE trailers come with the 3,500 lb axels since Dexter does not make the 3,000 lb ones anymore. When did that change happen? I could not find any information on that. That would help me narrow our search. I could ask people who were selling theirs if they could send me a pic of the trailer sticker with the data, but I did not want to waste their time if I was not a serious buyer ... hence the post. Thank you, again, for your time and information.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since GD makes changes at any time during a model year I doubt anyone will be able to tell you. There's a label on the axle from Dexter that will tell you the axle rating.