Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Window crank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window crank

Hi all.
    Have a 2020 Solitude 390RK. Not sure if this is exterior or interior since it deals with a window.
    The crank on one of our windows has broken. The two, metal extender which appear to normally slide into a rail underneath and then diverge ti crank the window out have broken out of the rail and cannot be put back in.
    The knob is riveted in from the inside.
    Wondering if this can be replaced/repaired or if this is a cause to replace the entire window.
    Any help greatly appreciated. Looked on GD site and no pictures or help in the parts lookup.

Thank you in advance!
    bjrogers
    2019 F-350 Lariat
    2020 Solitude 390RK
    1 Wife & 2 Pugs

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjrogers View Post
    Hi all.
    Have a 2020 Solitude 390RK. Not sure if this is exterior or interior since it deals with a window.
    The crank on one of our windows has broken. The two, metal extender which appear to normally slide into a rail underneath and then diverge ti crank the window out have broken out of the rail and cannot be put back in.
    The knob is riveted in from the inside.
    Wondering if this can be replaced/repaired or if this is a cause to replace the entire window.
    Any help greatly appreciated. Looked on GD site and no pictures or help in the parts lookup.

Thank you in advance!
    We had this issue. I bent the metal arms to fit them back into the channel. It worked for several months and then Grand Design ended up replacing the window under warranty as it's a non serviceable part. Wish I had better news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info. Wish you had better news, too!
    bjrogers
    2019 F-350 Lariat
    2020 Solitude 390RK
    1 Wife & 2 Pugs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had my second issue with that type of window. The handles haven't broken, but those flimsy, cheap little aluminum bars that hold the rollers keeps falling out of the track; and they are a pain to put back together. The first time it happened, I had to drill out the rivets for the crank mechanism, remove it, then start the rollers back in the track from the end of the window. Then feed the mechanism back through the frame and rivet it back in place. That only took all afternoon to do. The second one I managed to pinch the rollers back in the track, but I'm leery it's going to fall out every time I just look at it. GD, Lippert, or someone definitely needs to come up with a better design for those aluminum bars. I think a Wrigley's gum wrapper would be more substantial than what is on there now.
    George & Ronda
    2023 Momentum 376THS-R
    2020 F450 Platinum