User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got lucky with my Schwintek Slider

I have a 2 year old Reflection 31MB that has a rear U shaped dining area. On a long trip, the plywood under one of the cushions vibrated out from under the cushion and was up against the closed slide out. When I attempted to open the slide out, it moved about 2 feet and came to a stop. I attempted again to re-open it and it heard a loud bang and saw the wood trim around the slide out hanging loose. I knew something bad happened but couldn't see because there is no access to the back on the trailer with the slide outs closed. I opened the kitchen slider so I could get access and saw the piece of plywood jammed up against the side of the slider. I put things back together and with my fingers crossed, I opened the slider. It worked but now the slider moved unevenly and was struggling to work. I thought that it must have jumped a gear or something. I googled it and there are several Youtube videos on how to re-synchronize the Schwintek sliders but it just didn't work. I feared that it must have damage to the gears or motors.
    I had an appointment with my dealer for a recall and asked that they take a look at the slider while it was there. One of the techs came out to look at it and asked if I felt lucky today....? He then went through the procedure for re-synching the slider. The Youtube video was different than the procedure he used and now it works perfectly!! For a very inexpensive service fee, I had them lube all the sliders and inspect everything.
    This is just a "heads up" to anyone with a rear dinette in their FW that is next to a slider. After this incident, I removed all of the cushions and installed screws in the plywood panels to prevent them from bouncing out again. Anyway, I guess it was my lucky day after all! Thanks goes out to the tech at Happy Daze RV in Livermore, CA. for the great customer service.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you did get lucky. I hope you went and bought a lottery ticket!

Do you know what procedure the tech used to sync the Schwintek?

Thank you,

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Slide Systems.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I think I dodged a $$bullet on this one. He closed the slide out then opened it about 6" and waited about 10 seconds before closing it. He repeated this about 3 times. He reminded me to hold in the button several seconds after it stops and to avoid stopping it mid way, to open or close it all the way without stopping.