User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Disconnect Switch

The battery disconnect switch in many of the Grand Design products seems to be a little bit hard to understand when you first look at the circuitry. As I get closer to upgrading my electrical system, I have started documenting some of the original systems on video. My goal is to eventually document everything I do and save it to my YouTube Chanel.

Below is a link to a detailed video on the battery disconnect switch and related circuits on my 2022 Grand Design 303RLS.

https://youtu.be/VoBHzAFX6pk
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomani View Post
    The battery disconnect switch in many of the Grand Design products seems to be a little bit hard to understand when you first look at the circuitry. As I get closer to upgrading my electrical system, I have started documenting some of the original systems on video. My goal is to eventually document everything I do and save it to my YouTube Chanel.

Below is a link to a detailed video on the battery disconnect switch and related circuits on my 2022 Grand Design 303RLS.

https://youtu.be/VoBHzAFX6pk
    Thanks for posting this, I'm sure it will prove useful for many. Kinda too bad that GD doesn't offer something like this.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added buss bars and a BlueSea which disconnects everything - that in addition to the factory disconnect and the separate inverter disconnect. But I'm still not entirely happy with inability to separately control individual items such as solar charging (I have to pull the fuse) and battery heaters. I don't have my 310 back yet to confirm, but I believe that the factory disconnect switch still leaves the GFCI and residential refrig powered off the inverter unless the inverter disconnect is pulled - will confirm when we get it back.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays