User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Do you have rails in the bed of the truck or the truck OEM puck system?

I shouldn't assume, but is your last name Coughlin?
    Rails, I think my picture posted

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, name is Lafferty

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffofpa View Post
    Sorry, name is Lafferty
    OK, got ya. I was looking at recent customers. Looks like you have it since October of 2021....sorry about that.

It sounds as though the wedge loosened up. I had our Part's Manager call our B&W Rep and he said that all hitch manufacturers put a disclaimer about aftermarket wedges. He said there is nothing on the hitch that will not function correctly when using it.

If you have any further questions or issues, please call in to our Service department and they can help you out.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the confirmation, very much appreciated

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You do not have a Patriot hitch. You have a Companion for OEM puck system hitch. I just looked at the work order to confirm it...

You may use a wedge with the Companion hitch. If it was loose, it could cause the movement you described.

You certainly are not the first B&W Companion hitch owner that is using the wedge and Turning Point hitch (or Sidewinder, etc)
    Who are you replying to? OP says they have the Patriot hitch Post #1 Picture in post # 20 confirms it is the Patriot.
    Last edited by powerscol; 04-01-2023 at 02:52 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Who are you replying to? OP says they have the Patriot hitch Post #1 Picture in post # 20 confirms it is the Patriot.
    I noticed from his profile that huntr70 is from the dealership where I purchased my RV which is why he was trying to confirm which hitch I had to confirm with their records. Hope that helps clarify

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link to the 18k Patriot
    https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/sit...structions.pdf

WARNING: Towing a trailer without a functioning pivot point between the hitch & trailer will cause significant damage to the hitch which may lead to serious injury or death. Some pin boxes such as a Pull−rite® Superglide Capture Plate remove the pivot point between a trailer and coupler and should not be used, See Figure F1. Pin boxes with a wedge that relocates the pivot point such as a Reese® Sidewinder or Reese® Revolution may be used, see Figure F2.

Sorry I couldn’t paste figure 2 but the Reese Sidewider functions similar to the turning point. Which is an acceptable setup for the Patriot.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 04-03-2023 at 02:34 PM. Reason: released from moderation - it goes there for new users who post URLs...

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Yep, I looked up the wrong name in our system which is why the OP put the picture up of what he had in the bed.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, I looked up the wrong name in our system which is why the OP put the picture up of what he had in the bed.
    @Laffofpa
    OK - It's good to know you folks follow up with your customers. Most dealer probably would not. I still believe he should lock it out and tow normally until the hitch can be examined. I am guessing here, but based on the issues the hitch head may be gouged up. Maybe the OP can take a picture or two of the hitch head and the wedge. With his Ford and the hitch head set back I believe he will be fine towing - others with that set up have done fine.

BTW did you set him up with the correct wedge, or just use the OEM?
    Per this https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001724.pdf
    He should be using the Reese SWW-06
    https://www.amazon.com/Reese-SWW-06-.../dp/B004R369I8

I just want the OP to be safe and not damage the excellent hitch he has if he wished to continue use of the Turning Point.

On edit
    If you did not provide the correct wedge I believe you owe it to him to get him the correct one and be responsible.
    Last edited by powerscol; 04-03-2023 at 08:42 AM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffofpa View Post
    I am sitting here stunned, this is the hitch Tom Schaeffer’s in Hamburg PA sold me and installed when I purchased the camper from them, thank you for the info
    Would not be the millionth time a dealer sells what he has vs. what you really need...happened to me a few years back.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast