User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greatly appreciate the advice. Also agree the wedge fitting looks too loose to prevent rotation, but hope to get some clarity from Lippert

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TurningPoint hitch Trailer jumps to side on curved on ramps… Normal?

X2 on the lube plate. Get all that dirt collector (grease) cleaned off that hitch and give everything a good once over visually. I have the Companion in a Ram puck system and plan to lock out the Turning Point. I did purchase the SWW06 wedge to have on hand.

Happy camping!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    X2 on the lube plate. Get all that dirt collector (grease) cleaned off that hitch and give everything a good once over visually. I have the Companion in a Ram puck system and plan to lock out the Turning Point. I did purchase the SWW06 wedge to have on hand.

Happy camping!
    Thanks so much, didn’t even know about the lube plate until this forum

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffofpa View Post
    Thanks so much, didn’t even know about the lube plate until this forum
    A word of caution. please get the B&W lube plate. Its thickness is critical to the hitch workings, It is slightly thinner than the typical lube plate out there. Using another brand may cause issues with proper hitch engagement I learned this first hand. I tried to use what I had from before, The generic plate was too thick.
    Safe travels
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    A word of caution. please get the B&W lube plate. Its thickness is critical to the hitch workings, It is slightly thinner than the typical lube plate out there. Using another brand may cause issues with proper hitch engagement I learned this first hand. I tried to use what I had from before, The generic plate was too thick.
    Safe travels
    Good timing, was just looking, thanks again

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safe travels
    Have a part # for the B&W part? I don’t have my manual handy. Is it black (graphite) or white? I have a Reese in the package but wasn’t aware there were specific ones. Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    Have a part # for the B&W part? I don’t have my manual handy. Is it black (graphite) or white? I have a Reese in the package but wasn’t aware there were specific ones. Thanks
    https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...ite-lube-plate When I got mine you could only get it from them, but some B&W dealers carry them.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update, Lippert replied to my question and pictures of my wedge against the hitch plate confirming my wedge will work, below is the response:

“ Thank you for the pictures. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZZMTwpQt0 Here is a short video on the wedge and pivoting point. As long as you have the wedge in place and do not have your lock out bolts in, this set up you have should work. If you have any questions, please let me know”

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TurningPoint hitch Trailer jumps to side on curved on ramps… Normal?

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...ite-lube-plate When I got mine you could only get it from them, but some B&W dealers carry them.
    Thanks. I found it on Amazon as well. I am going to order one and compare it to my 10” Reese lube plate.
    Last edited by Whitexc; 04-06-2023 at 04:12 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345