Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tippecanoe River State Park Winamac, IN

I am headed to the National rally. I need a place to stop between Peoria Illinois and Goshen IN - hopefully within a few hours of Goshen. I found Tippecanoe River State Park, Winamac, IN. Is this good for a quick overnight? I am running 24 across from Peoria Ill to mid Indiana west of Goshen and then jogging north to bypass Chicago.

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve stayed there quite a bit, but it’s probably been 2 or 3 years since our last visit. The park was clean and well maintained but old. Campsites were gravel/dirt/grass mix pads and electric only. There is a dump station and water fill near the entrance/exit of the campground. Central bath buildings in the big loops. nice wooded lots, many raccoons.

We have camped there in tents, and with our prior 33’ TT. Overall we like the park and will be back again. It’s busy on weekends and very few people during the week. Camp host with wood, no onsite store.

Nearby the park there is a gas station and a grocery in the town of Winimac, some other services.

If you are interested in Full Hookup, check out Prophetstown near Lafayette, IN. They may not be open yet, but are a new a popular state park, depending on when you are passing through you might find some spots in the FHU loop.

I think you are wise to stay off the stretch of I-80 between I-55 and I-65, it gets quite busy but the Indiana portion of 80/94 is wild.
    Doug, Cheryl, 2 Kids, 2 Dogs.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax (Sam)
    2023 Imagine 2910BH (Frodo)