User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prospective buyer - 2022 Transcend 265BH

First time buyer, but have spent time in my parents’ Keystone Cougar, including full time for about 3 months in 2021 while relocating to NC. We have looked at lots of units and feel that the 265HB is the best fit for us. Looked at a “like new” (as in purchased Oct 2021, pulled to a storage facility and not moved since) 2022 Transcend 265HB today. As best I can tell, it’s never been used whatsoever. Problem is, seller views it as a new unit and has it priced as such. There are a few new 2022 units on dealer lots, but none within 150 miles of my location. Main concern is that it has sat, uncovered, for almost 18 months without moving. Obviously the tires, parked on dirt, are suspect. It started raining while I was looking it over, so I didn’t walk the roof. I did look at it from the ladder and didn’t see any bubbles. No soft spots anywhere inside. I can’t justify paying near new price for a unit without the warranty coverage of a new unit. How would you price this unit? From my perspective the lack of use is more of a liability than an asset as there was no shakedown of the unit during the warranty period. Price is comparable to other used units in my area, but most of those include other items, like a WDH, to sweeten the deal. Greatly appreciate any responses.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prospective buyer - 2022 Transcend 265BH

Quote Originally Posted by JC in NC View Post
    First time buyer, but have spent time in my parents’ Keystone Cougar, including full time for about 3 months in 2021 while relocating to NC. We have looked at lots of units and feel that the 265HB is the best fit for us. Looked at a “like new” (as in purchased Oct 2021, pulled to a storage facility and not moved since) 2022 Transcend 265HB today. As best I can tell, it’s never been used whatsoever. Problem is, seller views it as a new unit and has it priced as such. There are a few new 2022 units on dealer lots, but none within 150 miles of my location. Main concern is that it has sat, uncovered, for almost 18 months without moving. Obviously the tires, parked on dirt, are suspect. It started raining while I was looking it over, so I didn’t walk the roof. I did look at it from the ladder and didn’t see any bubbles. No soft spots anywhere inside. I can’t justify paying near new price for a unit without the warranty coverage of a new unit. How would you price this unit? From my perspective the lack of use is more of a liability than an asset as there was no shakedown of the unit during the warranty period. Price is comparable to other used units in my area, but most of those include other items, like a WDH, to sweeten the deal. Greatly appreciate any responses.
    I travelled 850 miles to get my trailer. 150 miles isn’t far. If you want new buy new
    Like you said there is zero warranty on this one

Just noticed you said it was priced as a new unit but then say it is comparable to used in your area
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps more accurate to say priced comparably to other used units that have been languishing on Facebook marketplace for weeks. The listing that brought me to the particular unit is 90+ days old. A new 2022 listed at a similar price (within $1000) recently sold in Conway, SC. I think people who bought during peak prices of recent years are expecting the same on resale.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the owner won't negotiate run. We bought a 2670 in June last year. Dealer would drop the price to 58k out the door from the mid $60's

Found a used 1 time used 2670 exactly what we were looking for.
    Paid $29k almost half price. Put a new set of endurance tires on it, redid the nautilus system with brass fittings, replaced fireplace as the other failed. Redid bearings with Timkins.

Run Forest run, and keep looking. There's tons out there.
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 F250, 7.3 with a 10 speed transmission
    Armor All on the tires, color coordinated floor mats.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely don't pay new for a used unti, even if not "used". Might even get a better deal negotiating a new one from a dealer. Don't be afraid to drive for a deal. Drove 1000 miles for our 399, about 500 miles for our 398. Deals can be had if you look. Try calling Cookeville RV in Tennessee, not too far from SC. We bought our 398 from them, no haggle and gave me a great price, right at about 30% off MSRP (based off build and price from GD website).
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me the warranty would not be the number one concern, as evidenced by folks on this forum and others whose trailers have set for months on the dealer's lots awaiting warranty repair, sometimes within the first few months of ownership. The selling price would be my number one concern. If the trailer is purchased at a good price, and you do a thorough inspection, you can afford to address minor issues out of pocket, and still be ahead. I really don't feel that buyers who overpaid during the pandemic will get what they are asking for their trailers in today's market.
    Last edited by dryfly; 04-02-2023 at 12:53 PM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A two year old unit that was used a few times can be a great deal because you have some depreciation and any issues should have been taken care of by the owner during that time. A two year old unit that's sat in a storage lot the entire time has all of the wear of a two year old unit and all of the problems of a new one that hasn't had a shake down. Worse yet if that unit had a major issue that the current owners were unaware of you're screwed.

They bought at covid peak, with high prices. The dealers are already starting to hurt from the slowdown, and prices are dropping rapidly. There's a very good chance this seller is upside down on the unit which is why they don't want to negotiate. I'd go buy a new one if they're not willing to come down significantly.