User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we feel about Xantrex inverter chargers?

Hi guys. My plan for an inverter is constantly evolving. I have a 2022 reflection 31mb with inverter prep. I understand that this prep only powers the sub panel, and I am ok with that. I am installing new lithium battle borns right now, and will be upgrading to an inverter and lithium charger. I have newly decided just to go with an inverter/charger unit, utilizing the existing inverter prep wiring. My question: has anybody used the Xantrex freedom 2000 xc? I am looking at a multiplus 12v 2000va as well, but the xantrex is slightly less expensive and has a larger watt rating. I know that victron has a great rep around here, I get that. Would love to hear thoughts on the xantrex as well!
    2022 Reflection 31MB
    2013 F350 Super Duty w/ Firestone 7.5k Red Label Ride Rite air bags
    B&W Turnover-ball and B&W companion hitch
    Mac Air Warhorse

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudhendriver View Post
    Hi guys. My plan for an inverter is constantly evolving. I have a 2022 reflection 31mb with inverter prep. I understand that this prep only powers the sub panel, and I am ok with that. I am installing new lithium battle borns right now, and will be upgrading to an inverter and lithium charger. I have newly decided just to go with an inverter/charger unit, utilizing the existing inverter prep wiring. My question: has anybody used the Xantrex freedom 2000 xc? I am looking at a multiplus 12v 2000va as well, but the xantrex is slightly less expensive and has a larger watt rating. I know that victron has a great rep around here, I get that. Would love to hear thoughts on the xantrex as well!
    Xantrex are very good units. A lot of motorhome brands use them. I would not be upset if my unit CAME with one. That being said, if I had the choice between the two, I'd go Victron almost in every situation. The main reason is the ecosystem that you can build with the Victron unit. Throwing a GX device in the mix gives you worlds above the Xantrex. I loved the Victron portal and really liked the GPS Peace of Mind. If you even think you'll ever add anything to your system, go Victron. If none of that matters and the cost difference is that important to you, then you'll be fine. Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I don't have a Xantrex inverter charger, I do have an ATS of theirs which I've been happy with. Seems like a solid brand.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Xantrex Freedom XC Pro 2000W inverter/charger. Love the unit. one on the most appealing features is the 100AH charging. I hive 2 100ah Battleborn's and if I am down to 0 on them I am fully charged in 2 hours. Great while dry camping. I can even run my air conditioner for a short time on the inverter. I will say Xantrex's blue tooth interface is slightly primitive. With that said, I do have the Victron BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor along with a Victron Solar controller. Victron has a GREAT interface with their devices. But in reality the only one I ever monitor is the BMV-712 Battery Monitor. It tells you exactly where your batteries are. The size of the Xantrex is another plus as my 22MLE is tight on space. I put everything in the passthrough and added a lockable battery box.
    I have installed 3 other setups exactly like mine for friends and family. They all run flawlessly! Victron does have the market on the interface however the battery monitor is really the heart of everything.
    hope this helps,
    Brian
    Brian and Lennette
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE