User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just use Discount tire and got GY Endurance.

One word of caution, DO NOT let the installer jack on the axle tube to lift. Jack the frame or under the spring perch using a block of wood to distribute. The monkey at Discount did not know that as they always jack car axles that way. Most 150 series have Lt Wall tubes and the bend easily, especially 4400 lb and possibly 5200lb axles or lighter
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
    I have a friend who is a mechanic, so when it comes to car/truck tires, I don't worry. I get them from Tire Rack or Discount and get him to mount/balance them, and I completely trust him.

However, I don't think he's got space or ability to do camper tires...

My first thought would be Walmart/Camping World/Etc, but honestly, I don't necessarily...trust...any of them... Is there a preferred method to get camper tires mounted, balanced, and put on the camper? I'm happy to take the trailer somewhere and have them do it, vs. trying to take them off myself.
    What size and rating of tire are you needing? That can help with recommendation on tire brands.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discount Tire

Quote Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
    I have a friend who is a mechanic, so when it comes to car/truck tires, I don't worry. I get them from Tire Rack or Discount and get him to mount/balance them, and I completely trust him.

However, I don't think he's got space or ability to do camper tires...

My first thought would be Walmart/Camping World/Etc, but honestly, I don't necessarily...trust...any of them... Is there a preferred method to get camper tires mounted, balanced, and put on the camper? I'm happy to take the trailer somewhere and have them do it, vs. trying to take them off myself.

My son works at Discount Tire and he mounted and balanced the Goodyears on my 303. They had the best price on those tires in my area, so you might ask your friend. I am not a saleman for Discount Tire, its just that they do free flat fixes nationwide at any of their locations. Good selling point when you travel around the country. Just my 2 cents...

Oh, also, Discount Tires owns Tire Rack.
    2012 F-250 6.7L Diesel, SRW
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Washington State on the I-5 Canada border and needed replacement tires for my factory Westlake's while in Indiana last summer. I chose Discount because I had purchased tires from them on a pervious TT (Bellingham Washington).
    I ordered 4 Good Year Endurance on Tuesday, they arrived on Wednesday and were installed that afternoon. Discount had me park perpendicular to their 2-4 Maintenace stalls and had 4 techs changing the tires simultaneously. I requested balance and high pressure valves (better for TPMS) on each and was cheerfully provided with my requests. Their parking lot was tight, but very doable!
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are buying Goodyear Endurance tires, I purchased mine from a Goodyear dealer and they installed them.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a heads-up, most trailer tires are lug centric, not hub centric like most motorized vehicles, and most tire places cannot balance them.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never used Centramatics… On my Momentum I have 17.5 in wheels, and I am not sure which Centramatics to use. Has anyone put them on the Momentum and if so, which model # did you use? Having a triple axle makes this an expensive investment . Thanks in advance.
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put them on mine, but that is with the 16" wheels with 8 lugs. If you're really interested call Centramatics, they will give you the straight scoop. That's what I did. They aren't too bad, a little more than what you'd pay for one round of tire balancing. Mine were $219 for 4 of them.
    Howard and Peggy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I brought them to the deAler, 2 at a time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12