User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gps

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve used a Garmin 760 RV/Truck model for years. As with all GPS, there is always the potential for bad routing, but it’s generally good about keeping us on RV safe routes. But, at the same time my wife monitors the route on Google maps, and I keep the truck nav system on too. The two back ups do a better job warning me of local traffic conditions, accidents and road construction ahead, and traffic flow.

By the way, my “favorite” Garmin snafu is when it tried to route us down a two tire track “road” through a pasture. Nope!

Bottom line, don’t trust anything blindly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    But, at the same time my wife monitors the route on Google maps, and I keep the truck nav system on too. The two back ups do a better job warning me of local traffic conditions, accidents and road construction ahead, and traffic flow.
    I monitor both also for the same reasons - accidents, road closures, construction. One of things I like about the 12" display in the TV is I get a broader scope if I zoom out. This came in very handy in Indianapolis last year where I-70 was closed through the city and the construction detour signs put us on I-465 west (we were going east) but there were no signs to get back on to I-70 or I missed. Zoomed out on the nav screen to get a bigger picture and got off on the first exit that looked good. Both the Garmin and Google Maps missed the I-70 east exit as well.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234