User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gps

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Garmin 2590, POI factory, and Route 1 Low Clearances. Basecamp for route planning.
    Forgot - I also have Route 1 Low Clearances in my 770
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just started using the Garmin 890 this year. Seems to work pretty good. Still need to play a bit with it to customize it better for poi's, gas stops. Once it routed me to a fuel stop that was really only meant for cars...so not perfect.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimingreene View Post
    Hello all and Happy Easter, I was just wondering what everyone is using for there navigation. I always used Apple Maps but it has no option to add a towed vehicle. Looking for something that I can input all of the truck and camper specs into it and it will keep me out of trouble. Thanks for any input!
    Garmin RV 785......
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok newbie question coming at y'all. Why not just use google maps on your phone? I get you don't always have cell reception but the phone always has GPS. I'm sure y'all have a good reason and like i said were new willing to take any advise.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merk44 View Post
    ok newbie question coming at y'all. Why not just use google maps on your phone? I get you don't always have cell reception but the phone always has GPS. I'm sure y'all have a good reason and like i said were new willing to take any advise.
    Thanks
    Google maps doesn't show low bridges, for one thing. When you're driving down a rural road and all of a sudden there's an 11'4" bridge, it's not easy to back up.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    My main reason is I rarely rely on the route the GPS/Google Maps decides on, for one reason or another. I plan the route out in advance on Basecamp, with stops and such along the way. That gets downloaded to the GPS and away we go. Works very well for me.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main reason is I rarely rely on the route the GPS/Google Maps decides on, for one reason or another. I plan the route out in advance on Basecamp, with stops and such along the way. That gets downloaded to the GPS and away we go. Works very well for me.
    makes perfect sense. Guess I'll add GPS to the buy list. Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar for us. I plan where I want to go, route etc. Then punch it into the GPS and see how close it agrees with me...lol.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Similar for us. I plan where I want to go, route etc. Then punch it into the GPS and see how close it agrees with me...lol.
    Yeah, it's not unusual for the GPS and I to have one of those "I'm right, no I'm right, no I'm right, etc." moments every now and again.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    I have a Garmin RV770 GPS.

Using a GPS designed for RV use will, most of the time, keep you out of places where towing an RV is not a good idea such as low bridges and narrow streets. It doesn’t always work perfectly but it will be better than a standard GPS and much better than any Cell phone based system I have tried.

I use RV Trip Wizard to plan the route. It can be a bit of messing around to get the route into the GPS but, for me, it’s worth the messing around because I really like the routing and planning that is available in RV Trip Wizard.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast