Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighClouds View Post
    Thanks. I’ll give that a go tomorrow.
    Conner58 is right. One needs to get the RV fairly level before engaging the auto level, especially from right to left. Please a bubble on the RV and carry ramps for the side that needs to come up. Doing this will avoid the wheel issue and give you more stability.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never have our rig with wheels off the ground as it may over stress the stabilizers. Also, I found when the stabilizers are fully extended they made a popping noise. I replaced the hydraulic fluid with quart of fork oil per Lippert Customer Service. That took care of the noise. But, the noise came back when the stabilizers were extended too far (tires still down on a 2 x 10 board). Bought another set of Lynx Levels to add 5 or 6 inches under the front legs. That was my remedy.
    2020 Solitude 310GK Fifth Wheel
    2018 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X2 6'4" BOX 6.7–Liter I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection - Gooseneck Mount Firestone 2598 Air Bags

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVoyager View Post
    I never have our rig with wheels off the ground as it may over stress the stabilizers. ... Bought another set of Lynx Levels to add 5 or 6 inches under the front legs. That was my remedy.
    Also just bought my second set. I used the first set or andersen levelers to keep weight on wheels and use any left over lynx chocks to shorten the length of the jacks.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, the trailer actually feels more stable with a couple tires off the ground than with all four on the ground. I take that phrase "Auto Level" at its word.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    FWIW, the trailer actually feels more stable with a couple tires off the ground than with all four on the ground. I take that phrase "Auto Level" at its word.
    Is it possible to manually adjust the auto level to raise the tires off the ground for service ?
    I can then place jack stands to. work on brakes/ bearings etc.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportzfann View Post
    Is it possible to manually adjust the auto level to raise the tires off the ground for service ?
    Do a manual level instead and raise the coach as high as you like.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this just last week to work on the bearings. They say to not do this but if the coach will lift the tires off the ground on its own when hitting auto-level, what is the difference between that and doing it intentionally?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighClouds View Post
    So, my second evolution in camping with this beast. All good, butÂ….after auto-level, the 2 wheels on driver side are off the ground. Is this a problem, is there something I can wedge under to support or some other option I need to take. Looks creepy to me hanging in the air. Thanks.
    I never level before hitting auto-level. When I first got my rig it lifted the wheel off the ground on one side. Seemed a little scary so a used the control pad to drop the entire rv down several inches and then hit auto-level again. It leveled it and left the tires on the ground. If you have to pre-level the rv, auto-level is would not be the right name for the system. After the first time using the system I have not had any more problems with tires off the ground. Just ground the front legs, unhitch and hit auto-level and take a short break.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely, it's done all the time. When you have the tools, it's best to take advantage of them. I did it when I changed the tires on my trailer, and did it for suspension work too.

I didn't adjust the Auto Level, just used the manual settings to lift the trailer.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Absolutely, it's done all the time. When you have the tools, it's best to take advantage of them. I did it when I changed the tires on my trailer, and did it for suspension work too.

I didn't adjust the Auto Level, just used the manual settings to lift the trailer.
    Yep - did it last year to repack my wheel bearings.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast