User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, gonna have to deep dive this one when it warms up above 50 deg.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Okay, gonna have to deep dive this one when it warms up above 50 deg.
    And go figure, strip of wood or faux wood is stained to the cabinet trim color
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Sportsdad60, I had the very same issue. My refrigerator was solid when the slide is out but rocked easily with the slide in. I added reinforcement to the top and it helped some. It was not until the GD SRT Team took a look at it during a rally and discovered the slide floor needed reinforcing. Once this was corrected my refrigerator is now solid with the slide both in and out. I hope you find this useful.
    2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L w/B&W Companion Hitch
    2021 Solitude-S 2930-RL-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warranty replaced the ding in my 310 Samsung residential refridgerator, but warranty repair didn't do anything to secure the refer to the rig. I insert a piece of plastic packing foam between the refer and the bar to prevent it from tipping and creasing the door again. Not thrilled about having to do this but dont want to take the rig off the road for 3-4 months for them to fix it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by williaj View Post
    Hey Sportsdad60, I had the very same issue. My refrigerator was solid when the slide is out but rocked easily with the slide in. I added reinforcement to the top and it helped some. It was not until the GD SRT Team took a look at it during a rally and discovered the slide floor needed reinforcing. Once this was corrected my refrigerator is now solid with the slide both in and out. I hope you find this useful.
    Do you know how it was reinforced?
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is the piece underneath and there is a cross-brace on top too.

I tried a bit to get it out to clean, but it's not going to happen.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this thread is a little old, but I had the same problem. Also ended up putting foam between the refrigerator and the island. Here is my “better” solution.

The root problem is the inside edge of the slide is very solidly supported by rollers when the slide is fully out. This gives the refrigerator a solid footing. As the slide comes in, there are a second set of floor rollers that support the inside edge of the floor and protect the flooring. However, just as the slide comes in fully it tilts slightly, raising the inside edge of the slide floor up off the support rollers. At this point there is no support along the inside edge of the slide. The refrigerator tilts back slightly, but with no solid support under its front feet, the slide floor flexes and the refrigerator rocks easily against the island.

My fix was to make 2 wedges out of wood with rubber mat glued on the bottom to protect the flooring. Once the slide is fully in, I rock the refrigerator back from the top, and scoot the slide wedges tightly under the slide floor directly under the 2 front refrigerator feet. This provides a solid support under the front of the refrigerator and stops the rocking.

The 2 wedges must be removed before attempting to put the slide back out.
    Last edited by classicrockguy; 08-25-2023 at 09:36 AM.
    Barry & Joanne & Maggie
    '22 Reflection 315rlts, dual A/C, ceramic tint, 370w solar, mattress upgrade
    '22 Ford F250 6.7 PSD, Lariat, FX4, HCTP, 10800# gvw, 2835# cargo, FS bags, integrated trailer tire P/T mon, Equalizer 14k

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classicrockguy View Post
    I know this thread is a little old, but I had the same problem. Also ended up putting foam between the refrigerator and the island. Here is my “better” solution.

The root problem is the inside edge of the slide is very solidly supported by rollers when the slide is fully out. This gives the refrigerator a solid footing. As the slide comes in, there are a second set of floor rollers that support the inside edge of the floor and protect the flooring. However, just as the slide comes in fully it tilts slightly, raising the inside edge of the slide floor up off the support rollers. At this point there is no support along the inside edge of the slide. The refrigerator tilts back slightly, but with no solid support under its front feet, the slide floor flexes and the refrigerator rocks easily against the island.

My fix was to make 2 wedges out of wood with rubber mat glued on the bottom to protect the flooring. Once the slide is fully in, I rock the refrigerator back from the top, and scoot the slide wedges tightly under the slide floor directly under the 2 front refrigerator feet. This provides a solid support under the front of the refrigerator and stops the rocking.

The 2 wedges must be removed before attempting to put the slide back out.

Pics? Sounds interesting.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Pics? Sounds interesting.
    Slide is currently out as we are setup. This is where they go relative to the refrigerator. Of course when the slide is in, they are back aligned with the island where the slide stops. Left wedge is thicker as it goes between the floor and the wooden bottom of the slide. Right one is thinner as it fits between the floor and the inner roller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3281.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	47854

Here is the thicker wedge …

Name:	IMG_3282.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	47855

And the thinner wedge …

Name:	IMG_3285.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	47856

Just 1/2” pine and a couple of door jam install wedges glued together. Rubber mat material came from Ace. Also glued. I had to work with what I had since I am on the road. If I was home I could make them nicer.

Note that they could both be the same (thicker version). I made the thinner one first to go under the roller once it lifts off the floor. That helped but still allowed enough slide floor flex under the left front refrigerator foot to make the thing wiggle a bit. So I made a thicker one to go under the left side where there is no roller. It has to wedge between the floor and the wood of the slide floor.
    Barry & Joanne & Maggie
    '22 Ford F250 6.7 PSD, Lariat, FX4, HCTP, 10800# gvw, 2835# cargo, FS bags, integrated trailer tire P/T mon, Equalizer 14k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the roller setup:

This is the right side. The black roller (red arrow) is attached to the floor, and supports the inside of the slide when it is fully deployed. It supports the outside of the slide when it is fully retracted. The grey roller (yellow arrow) is attached to the bottom of the slide. It is suspended when the slide is fully deployed, rolls on the vinyl floor when the slide is in motion supporting the inside of the slide, and suspended again when the slide is fully retracted. Therefore, there is no support for the inside of the slide when it is fully retracted, nor is there any support for the front of the refrigerator (except the flimsy floor of the slide).

Name:	IMG_3286.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	672.8 KB 
ID:	47858

This is the left side. There is no secondary roller here. Only the fixed outside roller. This requires a thicker wedge to support the refrigerator when the slide is fully retracted, as it has to fill the gap between the main floor and the slide floor under the refrigerator foot.

Name:	IMG_3287.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	914.7 KB 
ID:	47859

This design is not adequate for supporting the front of the refrigerator when the slide is fully retracted. The slide floor is way to flimsy without additional support underneath.
    Barry & Joanne & Maggie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast