User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocC57 View Post
    As far as warranty, Furrion will not restart the warranty period. I only receive 2 years from the date of purchase of the 5th wheel regardless how many times they replace the refrigerator. I quess they really do not have faith in their product figuring they eat the cost of some failures and then its on my nickel.
    Thanks for clarifying Furrion’s warranty policy. When I think back to the refrigerator I had replaced under warranty (not a GD product or Furrion), it was because of a safety recall. The replacement unit was a different brand entirely.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of today, no update. Technician advised didn't have much experience with these new RV fridges. Currently in AZ, but going back to SD, where we will pursue. Fridge still operating, but maintaining temp of about 50 in the fridge. Seals, fuse are good according to tech. Will keep updated as we go along. Freezer so-so. Not much in there, but 2 bottles of water are frozen. Will put fridge in low power mode while traveling.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the replacement refrigerator showed up at my dealers yesterday, the good news. The bad news, the tech found the refrigerator in the truck lying on its side, rather than straight up. The box was pretty much destroyed on one side. The refrigerator looked like some one took a hammer to it. Needless to say, I declined to take the refrigerator. Now waiting another week or so for another replacement to be shipped. Here we go again, a unit less than 1 year old and a second Spring Camping Season not happening. Bed and Breakfast starting to look better.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 12v Furion refrigerator could not reach & maintain 38 degrees. A mobile repair service guided us to perform a full re-boot with success! . . . disconnect battery . . . disconnect "shore power" . . . wait 5 to 10 minutes, then . . . reconnect all.
    2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. Tow package (axel 2.42) 5.3L
    2023 Grand Design "Imagine" Model 2670 MK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, you should reach out to the manufacturer for a more reliable model or a commercial refrigerator, or choose alternative options that may be good for your daily needs. Find a workable long-term solution by discussing your issues with the manufacturer and the dealer. I think it could be a minor design defect or simply a faulty component. If this issue stays even after multiple replacements, it may be worthwhile to think alternative options.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the replacement refrigerator for the replacement refrigerator (damaged in transport) showed up yesterday. Grand Design decided to use a different transport company. My dealership was very responsive in exchanging the refrigerator and the the job completed by 2 pm yesterday (great customer service). Hopefully this refrigerator (which will now be 3rd refrigerator installed in 11 months) works. It was confirmed to me that the 1st two refrigerators failed due to a slow coolant leak.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2022 260RD - Furion side by side worked well 1st weekend. 2nd weekend - fridge was barely cold and just this past weekend, didn't work at all. Settings looked fine but after hours and playing around with settings, freezer was fine, fridge would not get cold. It was already at dealer and I really don't think they diagnosed it at all and so ended up taking it home to have same issue. Taking back to dealer again and this time they will have to replace the fridge. Very disappointing.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cougharris,

Sorry to hear that you having the same problem as I have had twice. Ask your dealer what the compressor amperage draw is. I bet it will be low, under 6 or 7 amps indicating a refrigerate leak. While not to many replies to my thread, looking into this it's more common than what Furrion is admitting to. My be time to look into a class action suit.!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re going to have a different tech come out. We’re about ready to just put regular home fridge for few hundred bucks, then when poops out, just replace it. Lol.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! We have a new 22 mle with the same refrigerator but with different issues. During our 2nd trip it stopped cooling and cycled every minute for a few seconds. We lost most everything that was frozen. They replaced the unit under warranty. Then, 2 trips later we had the same issue. It is currently at the dealer (for the 4th time) trouble shooting again. I have no faith in these units and also share your concern after the mfr warranty expires.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast