Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    I’ll give a positive vote to the blue ox.
    All of the mentioned hitches do a great job. None fix an improperly loaded trailer though.
    I'll second all three of these comments and I'll add this.
    No matter what hitch you end up with, to achieve the best towing experience possible, you must spend the time to "fine tune" your setup.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add to the Andersen votes. I pull my 2800BH using one on my F150. Truck and trailer sit level when loaded plus the other positives listed earlier.
    Hobienick

2012 F150 SCREW 3.5 EB, 6.5 Bed, Max Tow
    2022 Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been pleased with the two Equalizer E4 that I have used (10k on first camper and 14K on current camper) If you choose the E4, be sure to get the nylon pads for the "L" brackets unless you like to hear "creeeeeek" every time you turn.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Equalizer 1000/10,000 lbs for sale. Used about 5 times. Needed 1400/14,000 lbs for my toy hauler . $400.00 and I’m just across the lake from you.
    2021 Momentum 21G
    2020 Silverado 2500 6.6 Gas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoupr View Post
    Well, we've changed our minds. We are going to get the GD Imagine XLS 22RBE. 4' longer with more room, not much of a weight difference. This is final.
    We haven't had any trouble with our Equal-i-zer hitch, so I would expect it so work fine for you as well.

As @Redapple63 and @Capt Bob mentioned, whatever hitch to you with, getting the setup correct will help you have a better towing experience.

The GD website lists a GVWR of 6,995-lbs. for the Imagine XLS 22RBE. For conventional towing, the tongue weight is suggested to be between 10% and 15%. If the trailer were loaded to capacity and configured for 15% tongue weight, then you'd be looking at 1,049-lbs. on the tongue. Therefore you might consider a weight-distributing hitch that is rated for a tongue weight of up to 1,200-lbs. rather than 1,000-lbs.

The new B&W Continuum hitch looks intriguing. It would be interesting to hear feedback if anyone has used it yet.
    Last edited by jw^2 family; 04-15-2023 at 11:16 AM.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    We haven't had any trouble with our Equal-i-zer hitch, so I would expect it so work fine for you as well.

As @Redapple63 and @Capt Bob mentioned, whatever hitch to you with, getting the setup correct will help you have a better towing experience.

The GD website lists a GVWR of 6,995-lbs. for the Imagine XLS 22RBE. For conventional towing, the tongue weight is suggested to be between 10% and 15%. If the trailer were loaded to capacity and configured for 15% tongue weight, then you'd be looking at 1,049-lbs. on the tongue. Therefore you might consider a weight-distributing hitch that is rated for a tongue weight of up to 1,200-lbs. rather than 1,000-lbs.

The new B&W Continuum hitch looks intriguing. It would be interesting to hear feedback if anyone has used it yet.
    Well, we are back to getting the 17MKE. Went to the dealer yesterday and took some actual measurements and the length of the 22RBE is 27' to the back of the spare tire not 25'11". The extra foot will interfere with the opening of my utility shed door (here in jefferson parish there is a stupid ordinance that you can't have boats or RV's past the front of your house and I have 29' of spce to work with before my shed). So we are staying with the one we ordered due in at the end of this month which we look at one on the lot and this unit has enough room for the two of us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyp228 View Post
    I have a Equalizer 1000/10,000 lbs for sale. Used about 5 times. Needed 1400/14,000 lbs for my toy hauler . $400.00 and I’m just across the lake from you.
    I may look you up next weekend. I may be going across the lake and visit with my mom who just turned 92yrs old. This is the E4?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, E4. Dealer sold me the wrong one is the reason I have it. They went by advertised weight and not actual weight per shipping list.
    2021 Momentum 21G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyp228 View Post
    Yes, E4. Dealer sold me the wrong one is the reason I have it. They went by advertised weight and not actual weight per shipping list.
    Would you happen to have any pictures?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not smart enough to post pictures. All brackets are new, used existing ones as they are the same. Only thing that was used is the bars and the hitch head and shank. Only reason I got a whole kit is the bars are larger and won’t fit a 10,000 lbs head.
    2021 Momentum 21G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast