Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    With that light of a TT I'd go an Andersen. Lightweight, quiet and no grease. I currently tow with a Blue Ox and it's not very effective. It also ranked worse in this guys WDH tests.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8eY-qbtuJU
    At the time I had an F250 short-bed diesel and went with an Anderson to give me another half foot of clearance with the cap. I finally went with an F350 when I found that my vehicle GVW would not (safely) handle my 260RD. Not fully loaded the CAT scale for my tow axles put me at 9,980 lbs and the truck was rated for 10,000. My wife was inside paying for the scale. My F350 supports 14,000 lbs and lets the truck control the RV vs the RV controlling the truck in an emergency situation. Check your truck GVWR on the door frame.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who towed for over 15,000 miles with an Andersen WDH (and currently has an Andersen AUH for my fiver), I often vote AGAINST it now. For the OP of this thread, I say it would likely perform well when paired to the 17MKE. Anything larger, and it could leave you without as much control as you’d like.

I spent a lot of time searching for threads on multiple boards regarding the Andersen WDH and found a large majority of ‘very happy’ owners were using 3/4-ton trucks. And I’d say that is a great pairing on moderately sized TT’s.

In my case I had an Expedition EL and chased wobbles for almost 2 years. It only got to an acceptable level of stability once I installed LT tires and used a receiver anti-rattle bracket every single time. I did love how easy the Andersen was for hook-up and DW could get us ready to roll all by herself.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have since bought a 2019 Chevy 4x4 2500HD gasser 6.0 (low mileage and great deal, like new). I was pulling my 17mke with the 1500 Silverado with the 3.0 duramax using the E4 Equalizer WDH, pulled great but I needed more payload as I was pretty much maxed out with all of our gear. I am thinking that I may not need something like the E4 on this 2500 but maybe go to the Anderson instead. Is anyone pulling a 17 with the anderson and a 2500 truck? I'd like to know how it performs and what hitch drop you use, 4", 6" or 8" drop. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123