User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tow Mirrors

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings. Not to bring another forum into the mix, but tundras.com has a really strong support structure for the 3rd gen Tundra. I suspect the dealership quoted you everything you need to integrate into their systems. Might want to ask if it gives the 360* view and auto park feature for that cost. Otherwise, you're likely looking at clip on or aftermarket mirrors.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Healymj01 View Post
    New to RVing. So, we got a 2022 Tundra SR5 CrewMax RWD with tow package ... to tow our 2022 GD Imagine XLS 17MKE. We've stayed at campsites twice so far and have loved it. Both campsite visits were intentionally pull-thru sites. I've been having quite a difficult time when I've tried to practice backing up the RV. So, I measured our Tundra (standard) mirrors and found their outer edges to be about 94" tip-to-tip. Upon measuring width of the Imagine I found it to be about 101" (including 3.5" for Awning rails and 1" for the closed slide). Hmmm ... logic would dictate that the tow vehicle mirrors should be spaced a bit wider than the trailer, right? I did install a Furrion camera on the trailer rear before going to the campsites and beforetrying to back up. The camera works fine but doesn't seem to be of much help backing up. So ... I priced upgrading to official Toyota tow mirrors for the Tundra. OUCH! The dealer is pricing it at $3,500 to $3,800 for parts and labor.
    Checking reviews for mirrors that attach to existing mirrors using 'large rubber bands' were poor at best. That doesn't seem to be a good option.
    Does anyone have a reasonable solution to my dilemma? Thanks.
    P.S. I was sure to use my wife as a spotter when practicing backing up.
    I have a 2017 Tundra. I installed these mirrors. Very happy. Took about 30 minutes to remove the old mirrors and install these. They also come in electric fold in if you prefer that. I have to fold one mirror in (manually) to get my Tundra into my garage. These are EXACT fit mirrors. They look identical to your Tundra mirrors. You can PULL them out (extend) when needed and PUSH them in when not towing.

https://www.1aauto.com/2014-21-toyot...hoC_RIQAvD_BwE
    Dustin and Doris

2018 2600RB
    2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bflooks View Post
    Greetings. Not to bring another forum into the mix, but tundras.com has a really strong support structure for the 3rd gen Tundra. I suspect the dealership quoted you everything you need to integrate into their systems. Might want to ask if it gives the 360* view and auto park feature for that cost. Otherwise, you're likely looking at clip on or aftermarket mirrors.
    You make a very good point. The dealership doesn't seem to be too interested in installing the upgrade mirrors. I've been waiting to hear back from them for maybe 3 weeks regarding what functionality I would have with the upgraded mirrors. My 2022 Tundra currently doesn't have the fancy cameras and associated views... My guess is that the dealership hasn't anyone well versed in such upgrades. Of no matter, the quoted cost is in the stratosphere which my rubber-band plane won't be reaching soon.

Thanks for the tundra link. I will check it out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you pull the TV into your garage, don't forget as I did

Just remember to take them off or fold them in if you pull your truck in the garage. I forgot to retract mine Sunday while backing into the garage. Not a pretty site and $1K to replace
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the snap on mirrors secure and fast

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our favorite: https://www.etrailer.com/Towing-Mirr...A/CM11400.html. Not sure if you can find one to fit your truck but we tried several and these were the best.
    Ross & Sue | Papillion, Nebraska
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 F-350 XLT CCSB FX4 7.3L Gas
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had one's similar to these (https://www.amazon.com/Source-System.../dp/B00AFV7DHW) on our last TV, they worked quite well. While they were very stable on the road, they were also easy to get on and off.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all who successfully changed my mind regarding use of attachable tow mirrors. Oh how I wish the slide-on version were available.
    And thanks for the reminder to either remove or fold the tow mirrors when entering and exiting the garage.
    I am all set on this topic.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can search on Amazon for towing mirrors that will fit your vehicle. They replace the ones you have. They are usually manual extending and folding. The other features work like on your old mirrors.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 04-28-2023 at 03:11 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazon for towing mirrors that will fit your vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    You can search on Amazon for towing mirrors that will fit your vehicle. They replace the ones you have. They are usually manual extending and folding. The other features work like on your old mirrors.
    Thanks Buckskin. What you describe is precisely what I need and have been looking for. I think the issue is that third parties have not yet designed and offer for sale replacement tow mirrors that fit the new design 2022/2023 Tundras. So, for now I will be using strap-on mirrors that I have purchased thanks to input from other forum members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12