User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National General Insurance Now an Allstate Company?

Any of you fulltimers that have National General RV insurance got a renewal notice saying it is now an Allstate company and you have to fill out an address questionnaire?
    They want to know if your RV is housed at your permanent address, that for us would be Escapee's Rainbow Drive. If you say no, they want you to give an address where it is stored. We have never run into that before. I didn't know Allstate had bought National General Insurance.
    Doing a little research Allstate bought National General in 2021. I also find a company I hadn't heard of before "Roamly" RV insurance. Supposedly Roamly was created by RV owners.

RV insurance for us fulltimers can be a little problem with a few companies offering fulltime good coverage.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-16-2023 at 06:31 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you asked the question over on the Escapees' forums?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Have you asked the question over on the Escapees' forums?

Rob
    Hello Rob, I was going to but this forum is the first one I sign into every morning. Lol's The highlight of the day huh, Visiting forums!
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Hello Rob, I was going to but this forum is the first one I sign into every morning. Lol's The highlight of the day huh, Visiting forums!
    It's laundry for me today!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To update my post, we got it figured out. Apparently there was some glitch when Tami tried to sign on to the National General web site with her Iphone, it thought we were applying for a new policy. Anyway we got our policy renewed under the same terms and the policy cost actually went down by $161 a considerable amount. That was a nice surprise! Supposedly our rate went down because our credit score is so high and we don't have a loan on the RV and have had no claims since inception back in 2017 (we had our Imagine 2950RL back then). Now its listed as our Solitude.
    We have fulltime protection, full replacement cost, comp, collision, personal effects, and RV emergency expense (loss of use). We use FMCA as our RV emergency roadside assistance.

National General is owned by Allstate Insurance now but when you talk to them, or chat, you still get the Good Sam referencing. I still don't like Allstate Insurance, I wrote them off back in 1975 when they refused us auto insurance because we were in the military. Of course back then military people were not welcome at the local Pizza Hut either.