User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ham radio Campgrounds on the Air

Good mornin' to all. Been thinking about this for quite awhile. We hams are familiar with Parks on the Air, Summits on the Air, Outdoors on the Air atc. Why not start Campgrounds on the Air? My rig is permanently setup at Broken Straw Campgrounds on Rt 6 in Pittsfield, PA and during the season I get on the air frequently using a Yaesu 817nd to either a halfwave 40 - 20 - 10 EndFed antenna as a sloper. Also use a OCF dipole on SSB and CW usually on 40m in the morning and in afternoon you can find me on 20m usually. If you are interested I'll be on the air the first week of May.

Rich KB3OMJ

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rich. Sounds like a plan. I should have my "shack" set up in July. At that time I'll be a campground host at Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park, which is SW of STL. I have a Ten-Tec Scout, but for some reason it doesn't want to work unless it has power to it. That will be taken care of in late June or early July, when my son passes his current radio on to me so he can buy one with even more bells and whistles. We'll also have a better arrangement for powering the radio than what I currently have.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar