Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I'm Not sure on your 303, but on my Solitude, the bathroom sink & shower utilize one tank & the kitchen sink the other. Somone with a 303 should answer your question definitively.
    Our 303 is the same, bathroom has 1 tank and the kitchen has 1 tank. We do use the external valve to equalize and it does work fairly well.

Anyone else that is new to RVing/camping who going to frequent non hook up campsites it won't take long to learn to conserve water , that way you don't fill the tanks fast. The hardest part for some is to learn the tanks are not an endless holding area and when hooked up it's best to not leave the valves open all the time.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Anyone else that is new to RVing/camping who going to frequent non-hook-up campsites it won't take long to learn to conserve water.
    Very good point. If I remember correctly, the OP had issues with the kitchen sink. We went with a soap and water mix in a spray bottle to do the dishes with. Just a quick rinse in a tub and you're done. Really cuts down on water use.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anderstd3 View Post
    Could it be that 1 tank is just for the shower and 1 tank is for kitchen and bathroom sinks? Just wondering if the tanks are segregated from each other
    On our rig, one gray tank is for the bathroom (sink & shower), and the other is for the kitchen.

They aren't made to equalize the water level. Only way I've read that others have done it was with the "install the gate on the main dump line and then open the valves for each" and, when one or the other reaches full, it will flood the line and back up into the other tank to equalize.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way they could equalize is to have both dump valves open...which means that you would have to be hooked up to a sewer. Remember that you have TWO grey water dump valves and ONE black water dump! When I first got my 2600RB I did not realize that!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalthall View Post
    The only way they could equalize is to have both dump valves open...which means that you would have to be hooked up to a sewer. Remember that you have TWO grey water dump valves and ONE black water dump! When I first got my 2600RB I did not realize that!
    Or buy the Valterra valve for the end of your sewer connection. Woth that valve closed, opening both gray tanks allows them to more or less equalize. We find the shower fills faster, and when I open both tank valves it does work to drain down the water level. Is it perfect? No, but it sure helps a lot!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Don’t count on that working that well. I would buy a tote instead of the valve. Ymmv
    I have been using the Valterra valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGHYJS) on my 22RBE for 2 years without any problems. My 2020 22RBE that has 2 seperate gray tanks, one for the sink & another for the bathroom sink/shower. They equalize just fine, I don't even carry a tote, It sure beats going to the dump station to dispose the gray water!
    2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4 5.9L HO I6 Cummins 48Re 4-Speed Automatic w/OD
    2020 Grand Design 22RBE
    Huntsville, AL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would buy both. The Valterra valve will provide insurance if someone decides to be cute and open a valve so you get a surprise when you take the cap off. It also works well when you have a valve fail to close properly. I don’t travel without one anymore.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr2AL View Post
    I have been using the Valterra valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGHYJS) on my 22RBE for 2 years without any problems. My 2020 22RBE that has 2 seperate gray tanks, one for the sink & another for the bathroom sink/shower. They equalize just fine, I don't even carry a tote, It sure beats going to the dump station to dispose the gray water!
    Well you still need to go to the dump station eventually hence the tote is the first thing I would buy
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the Valterra valve. With all 3 tanks tied to the same outlet, I equalize the kitchen sink tank and bathroom tank on every non full hookup site. On my rig the black tank and bath gray are right next to each other and the same level. If needed I have pushed gray into the black (short 5 sec pull) to get the gray flowing down the drain again. The valve at the outlet (Valterra twist-on) has been the best money ever spent on the rig.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Design_16_21 View Post
    The valve at the outlet (Valterra twist-on) has been the best money ever spent on the rig.
    I agree. Having a tote is nice, but the valve was the best > $20.00 I have spent on the rig. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast