Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th Wheel Question for 28BH

I have an F250 with the "Standard" 6 3/4' bed. It is 5th wheel prepped. For a 28BH do I need a sliding hitch or is the box big enough for the 28BH? If not, I've read about a couple sliders that go into the pucks in my bed, which is the best?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
    I have an F250 with the "Standard" 6 3/4' bed. It is 5th wheel prepped. For a 28BH do I need a sliding hitch or is the box big enough for the 28BH? If not, I've read about a couple sliders that go into the pucks in my bed, which is the best?
    There's been a few discussions on this topic on the forum, from what I remember the consensus was that it depends on how you'll be maneuvering your Reflection. If you never turn sharper than 45 degrees (that's the most I ever do), then you'd be fine without a sliding hitch. If you're making sharp turns, then you may need more. We have the 260RD which has the turning point pin box that can be configured to slide. We have it locked and tow with the Andersen hitch, that's been a great combination for us.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'll look up those hitches. I'm new to 5th wheels, so maybe I'm not searching the right terms. I think I might need to start just researching 5th wheels in general.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
    I have a '21 F250 with the same bed as you. When I picked up my 28BH I used the B&W slider hitch but never used the slider portion including turning around in my culdesac. I have since moved to the Reese Goosebox and have had no issues either.

Here is a picture at a fuel station when picking up the 28BH from Utah with the B&W Companion slider.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221008_124736.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	45920
    2021 GD Reflection 28BH
    2021 Ford F-250 CCSB 6.7L