User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the 15 amp Fuse in my Furrion 12v Fridge?

My refrigerator (Furrion model FCR16DCASA-BG) will not turn on at all (no lights anywhere). All of the fuses in my 5th wheel's panel are good and there is power going to the fridge. Research tells me I need to replace a 15-amp fuse inside the fridge but I cannot find it. I removed the back bottom panel but there are no fuses there. I removed a panel on top of the fridge and found 2 40-amp fuses (both good) but no 15-amp fuse. Furrion told me that my particular model has the blade style fuse, not the glass one. I've contacted them again asking for the location of the fuse and am waiting for their response. Can anyone tell me where the 15-amp fuse is located?
    Ross & Sue | Papillion, Nebraska
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 F-350 XLT CCSB FX4 7.3L Gas
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
    My refrigerator (Furrion model FCR16DCASA-BG) will not turn on at all (no lights anywhere). All of the fuses in my 5th wheel's panel are good and there is power going to the fridge. Research tells me I need to replace a 15-amp fuse inside the fridge but I cannot find it. I removed the back bottom panel but there are no fuses there. I removed a panel on top of the fridge and found 2 40-amp fuses (both good) but no 15-amp fuse. Furrion told me that my particular model has the blade style fuse, not the glass one. I've contacted them again asking for the location of the fuse and am waiting for their response. Can anyone tell me where the 15-amp fuse is located?
    Have a similar set up so I'm interested in what you learn. You say the frig is getting power, assuming you confirmed that with a meter. Let us know what Furrion says. BTW, I just checked my manual, it says to check the fuse but doesn't say where it is, not very helpful.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GM, This is one BIG design problem on Furrion 12v fridges. A second BIG design problem is mentioned below. The fuse is located on the back of the fridge behind a panel. On the left side (as you look at it from behind) of the compressor tank. One has to remove the fridge completely from the wall, pull it all the way out to access the back and they are heavy. On my Transcend the fridge is in the back between the stove and the bathroom door, accessible from the front only, unless you want to trap someone in the bathroom to help you.

Look at some You tube videos on how to replace the out of date glass fuse with a blade fuse accessible from the front panel of the fridge. I built a table / platform the exact height to the bottom of the fridge, put a towel under it, pulled the fridge onto the platform and slide the fridge out. Luckily the wire was long enough to pull it all the way into the slide out area where I worked on it.

FURTHERMORE - After disconnecting the main battery disconnect - there WAS still power to the fridge. (BIG problem #2 ) I guess directly from the batteries. So the 15A blade fuse in the main fuse box labeled "Fridge" is fake. I wondered about this as I searched for blown fuses I found this "fridge" fuse was not blown, nor was there a wire leaving this fuse junction box. VERY puzzling.

Add these tips to your replacement efforts. 1-Solder the new wires together, 2-use some heat shrink wrap (better moisture prevention) to cover them AND 3-use some electrical tape (heat shrink wrap is NOT very thick, electrical tape is) to prevent shorting out. KEEP in mind there is power to the these wires all the time- unless you figure out how to solve problem #2 .

Enjoy RVing
    Steve

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WyoSteve View Post
    GM, This is one BIG design problem on Furrion 12v fridges. A second BIG design problem is mentioned below. The fuse is located on the back of the fridge behind a panel. On the left side (as you look at it from behind) of the compressor tank. One has to remove the fridge completely from the wall, pull it all the way out to access the back and they are heavy. On my Transcend the fridge is in the back between the stove and the bathroom door, accessible from the front only, unless you want to trap someone in the bathroom to help you.

Look at some You tube videos on how to replace the out of date glass fuse with a blade fuse accessible from the front panel of the fridge. I built a table / platform the exact height to the bottom of the fridge, put a towel under it, pulled the fridge onto the platform and slide the fridge out. Luckily the wire was long enough to pull it all the way into the slide out area where I worked on it.

FURTHERMORE - After disconnecting the main battery disconnect - there WAS still power to the fridge. (BIG problem #2 ) I guess directly from the batteries. So the 15A blade fuse in the main fuse box labeled "Fridge" is fake. I wondered about this as I searched for blown fuses I found this "fridge" fuse was not blown, nor was there a wire leaving this fuse junction box. VERY puzzling.

Add these tips to your replacement efforts. 1-Solder the new wires together, 2-use some heat shrink wrap (better moisture prevention) to cover them AND 3-use some electrical tape (heat shrink wrap is NOT very thick, electrical tape is) to prevent shorting out. KEEP in mind there is power to the these wires all the time- unless you figure out how to solve problem #2 .

Enjoy RVing
    Steve
    Is this fuse issue for the 16 cu ft double door fridge too or the smaller single door 12 cu ft.?
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy RVing
    Steve
    Is this fuse issue for the 16 cu ft double door fridge too or the smaller single door 12 cu ft.?
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy RVing
    Steve
    With the fridge having power with the disconnect off, would it be coming from the solar? There have been discussions about installing a disconnect on the solar system. The fact that they are wired this way is unsafe. I have a 30amp mini breaker waiting to be installed when we take delivery of our coach.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 303RLS there is a circuit breaker in the front compartment that feeds the refrigerator. The circuit does not go through the battery disconnect. If you click on the link in my signature you can access the video I made on the battery disconnect switch.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomani View Post
    On my 303RLS there is a circuit breaker in the front compartment that feeds the refrigerator. The circuit does not go through the battery disconnect. If you click on the link in my signature you can access the video I made on the battery disconnect switch.
    I am on Tapatalk and don’t see signatures. Can you post a link to your install video? Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out I'm an idiot. Battery disconnect was off. I'd still like to know, for future reference, where that 15 amp fuse is located. It's not in the panel on the back of the fridge and not in the panel on top of the fridge.
    Ross & Sue | Papillion, Nebraska
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 F-350 XLT CCSB FX4 7.3L Gas
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
    Turns out I'm an idiot. Battery disconnect was off. I'd still like to know, for future reference, where that 15 amp fuse is located. It's not in the panel on the back of the fridge and not in the panel on top of the fridge.
    Your not an idiot, just another Battery Disconnect victim. It's happen to a lot of members. IMHO since it doesn't truly disconnect everything, it does more harm then good.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast