User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Howard, that will help out quite a bit...appreciate it...!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, if you were nearby I'd let you try mine to see how you like it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks much, ours is a bit difficult to move around, this video also seems to make it look a bit challenging to move around. It would be great to have it move around like you mention, are we missing something. This is our first fifth wheel, and do appreciate your assist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZZMTwpQt0

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwr100 View Post
    Thanks much, ours is a bit difficult to move around, this video also seems to make it look a bit challenging to move around. It would be great to have it move around like you mention, are we missing something. This is our first fifth wheel, and do appreciate your assist
    This spring i couldn't get mine to move. I took it apart and serviced it. The bearing was fine, but there is what I would call a plain bearing also. I cleaned everything up and greased it well. Now it moves no problem. It's a job to service, but a search found some posts here about how to.
    2018 Ram 2500 CTD
    2020 Reflection 260RD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwr100 View Post
    I posted on how to service the pinbox. It should 100% move freely. It’s just a giant bearing and it should be well greased. I suggest biting the bullet and taking it apart and servicing it yourself. Get a bearing packet from Amazon if you don’t have one.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It did it to me again. This time my truck was uneven left to right trying to hitch back up. The trailer was on a level pad but my truck was not. It really was a monster to get it to connect even straight on. If I can find a B&W companion slider base for a ford at a good price I might switch to a slider. This pinbox is cool when it works well but enraging when it wants to be difficult. I really don’t want to lock it out and not have a slider with the brand new F-350. The cap seems closer than my Ram was. As it is the tailgate only closes when the truck is straight. Seems like the Ford pucks keep that hitch closer to the cab than Ram. I’m not new to trailering or backing but if I was I might avoid this pinbox setup. I could see someone really struggling with this thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a 6'4" box or 8'?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doug7164800 View Post
    Do you have a 6'4" box or 8'?
    I have a Ford so it’s a 6 3/4 bed. No one with a long bed would use the turning point I hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Turning Point with the B&W Companion with the B&W wedge (our first 5th wheel, year 3 now). We've had issues off and on but it always came down to ensuring we had the correct position height of the pin to the B&W. Meaning - If it doesn't slide it's way up the plate it will not close properly (regardless of truck to RV angle. We have had many angles but if it rides up the plate it seems to always work).

Unhitching - if we don't take the correct amount of weight off the B&W, the jaws don't open. Handle will open but jaws stay engaged to the pin. Actually, just had a recent problem with that in the driveway returning from a trip last month. For some reason, I had to take more weight off than what I thought was my normal visual (truck bed rise guesstimate).

What we've gone through hope this helps.
    Mike
    2021 Reflection 295RL
    2021 Ford F-250 7.3L 4.30 rear
    B&W Companion hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123