User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ceiling molding strips

Has anyone else had the ceiling molding straps come loose and if so what's the best way to reattach them.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's helpful to know what model and year your RV is as different materials and techniques are used. Usually, brad nailers are used at the factory. Personally, I put things like that back in place with a good quality construction adhesive. The issue is pretty common across the RV industry and there are threads on this forum discussing it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the info on the ceiling strip. That was on my 2022 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jreisenbeck View Post
    Hey thanks for the info on the ceiling strip. That was on my 2022 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.
    @jreisenbeck -

I hope the info is helpful - and welcome to the forum! Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crown molding strips and the joint seam strips on the ceiling are usually installed with brad nails.. If you use adhesive on these and then later on need to remove you may cause yourself issues.. I prefer to attach with small #6 wood screws if I have a section of molding come loose. The strips across my ceiling I have use small screws and painted the heads an off white color to match the ceiling color as close as possible

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    The crown molding strips and the joint seam strips on the ceiling are usually installed with brad nails.. If you use adhesive on these and then later on need to remove you may cause yourself issues.. I prefer to attach with small #6 wood screws if I have a section of molding come loose. The strips across my ceiling I have use small screws and painted the heads an off white color to match the ceiling color as close as possible
    GD parts department sells self adhesive seam tape for about $0.50/ft with free shipping. They can tell you which one you need by your VIN or you can look it up on the parts site. Then you can use small brads or screws to tack up the molding and put the seam tape over the entire strip. Repair will be invisible and you can still remove the molding strip if needed. The seam tape for the walls is great if you want to run a small wire up the wall too.
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    +1......Our wall/ceiling transition trim strips and even the decorative wood paneling around the slides openings, started to pop off/loose 3yrs ago (about 1.5 yrs from new). I took a brad nailer using small brads and went along the transition(s) and paneling reseting them with brads every so many feet to ensure it stayed in place. Since then and 10k miles later, havent had to deal with them again.

The wall seam tape, is another issue. Had one near our bathroom at the bottom of the wall which was comming loose. Still haven't found any adhesive that will keep it from wanting to come loose. Poor installation, and humidity, is probably the issue with most failures of the tape.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    +1......Our wall/ceiling transition trim strips and even the decorative wood paneling around the slides openings, started to pop off/loose 3yrs ago (about 1.5 yrs from new). I took a brad nailer using small brads and went along the transition(s) and paneling reseting them with brads every so many feet to ensure it stayed in place. Since then and 10k miles later, havent had to deal with them again.

The wall seam tape, is another issue. Had one near our bathroom at the bottom of the wall which was comming loose. Still haven't found any adhesive that will keep it from wanting to come loose. Poor installation, and humidity, is probably the issue with most failures of the tape.
    Carpet tape is my new duct tape for inside things for sticking stuff back up. Brad nails also.
    Denny & Lorna
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2011 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins Long Bed DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post

Instead of a traditional adhesive, try clear silicone rubber sealant (RTV)?
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow