User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 315rlts tow vehicle

Hi, new member here. This is for the 315 owners. I was building a 2005 6.0 Excursion tow pull my old TT (Heritage Glenn 272bh) but sold it and purchased a 2021 315rlts. So I'm scrapping the build on the Excursion. My question is anyone towing with a crew cab short bed, (which I also own)? Would you recommend a long bed instead? I really didn't want to go to a dually but it's not out of the question. I'm going to be doing a lot of long-distance travailing, so the stability factor comes in to play with the dually.

Before everyone hates on the old 6.0, I have a background as a mechanic/diesel mechanic so I'm very comfortable with doing the proper work to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m pulling my 2022 315RLTS with a 2019 GMC Denali HD duramax, Crew cab, standard 6’8” bed, SRW. Mine is a heavy 1 ton, 11500 gvrw. No issues whatsoever. Can’t comment on the short bed although I can’t imagine it would that much different.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put a good weight distribution hitch with sway control between the truck and trailer, and it won't matter what type of bed is on it.
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 04-18-2023 at 08:03 AM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't say whether the CC SB is a 1/2-ton, 3/4-ton, or what. The 315RLTS can easily put 1,200 lbs. on the hitch when loaded, so the truck would need to be able to handle that payload.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 315rlts tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Mako82 View Post
    Hi, new member here. This is for the 315 owners. I was building a 2005 6.0 Excursion tow pull my old TT (Heritage Glenn 272bh) but sold it and purchased a 2021 315rlts. So I'm scrapping the build on the Excursion. My question is anyone towing with a crew cab short bed, (which I also own)? Would you recommend a long bed instead? I really didn't want to go to a dually but it's not out of the question. I'm going to be doing a lot of long-distance travailing, so the stability factor comes in to play with the dually.

Before everyone hates on the old 6.0, I have a background as a mechanic/diesel mechanic so I'm very comfortable with doing the proper work to them.
    First, Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. I have the 2020 version of the 315rlts, and like Samson, towing with a 2019 GMC Denali Duramax SRW short bed crew cab.

Works well. Never had any issues towing with this truck. Travel up 6-8% grades in the eastern Sierras no problem. I am using the Equalizer 4P hitch with 1600 lb bars. My tongue weight has varied from 1380-1500 lbs.

Took a bit to dial in the Equalizer, and to have to periodically check the washers to ensure all is tight, but other than that been great with my truck.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Put a good weight distribution hitch with sway control between the truck and trailer, and it won't matter what type of bed is on it.
    I'm using a blue ox sway pro that was on my previous trailer. I did upgrade the bars to 2000Lb bars as the old bars were only 1000LB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My CCSB is a F250 3/4 ton. I'm looking to purchase a new (to me) truck and will go with a F350 1 ton or possibly a F450. I like the wide track front axle on the F450 for the turning radius. Just have to make up my mind: confused: if I really want a dually or can get by with a SRW.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako82 View Post
    My CCSB is a F250 3/4 ton. I'm looking to purchase a new (to me) truck and will go with a F350 1 ton or possibly a F450. I like the wide track front axle on the F450 for the turning radius. Just have to make up my mind: confused: if I really want a dually or can get by with a SRW.
    GM,

SRW will do just fine with the 315.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS