User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Robin and John, sounds like that is what I'll do.

QUOTE=ajg617;477703]We put on 12,000 miles last year from NH to SD/WY/MT twice (two weddings) and two trips to NC. A lot of overnight stops where I didn't disconnect. Dropped the front jacks until they touched ground then manually got close to level if I wanted the slides out. Some sites were better than others but rarely felt the need to disconnect with the goosebox.[/QUOTE]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We “almost” always unhitch at quick overnight stops primarily so I can completely close the tonneau cover and protect what’s in the bed. I suppose it depends where you’re staying.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For quick over night stays we normally disconnect from the goose box. Mainly because we have an aux fuel tank and I fuel up in the evening at local stations where the price is a bit cheaper and there may not be room when towing the 5er. Allows the camper to be leveled without any slide out issues. From the time we wake up, to the time we are rolling is about 45 minutes. That includes breakfast & coffee, clean-up / repack, slides in, hitch up.

We also are not in a rush. Travel days a planned at 450 miles ish. Daily departures around 8:00 am. Arrivals at around 5:00pm. Obeying posted speed limits with max speed of 65. Ahhh the retired life.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ken and I agree.....ahhhh, the Retired life.
    Any nice full hook up campsites around Union Valley?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Casa_Woody View Post
    For quick over night stays we normally disconnect from the goose box. Mainly because we have an aux fuel tank and I fuel up in the evening at local stations where the price is a bit cheaper and there may not be room when towing the 5er. Allows the camper to be leveled without any slide out issues. From the time we wake up, to the time we are rolling is about 45 minutes. That includes breakfast & coffee, clean-up / repack, slides in, hitch up.

We also are not in a rush. Travel days a planned at 450 miles ish. Daily departures around 8:00 am. Arrivals at around 5:00pm. Obeying posted speed limits with max speed of 65. Ahhh the retired life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray,
    Dallas NE Campground (Caddo Mills) is a friendly place. Lived there for a month +. Not much to do in the area. Great if passing through the area.
    Planning to few nights stay at Sky Point RV Park on the East side of Lake Tawakoni later this year. Just a place to relax.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do the same as Ken. We try to stay 4-5 miles out of town(s), disconnect run to town for fuel & dinner. We b in no hurry. If we have a long run the next day, we just get up earlier.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we're in a hurry going cross country we'll do the same, and just snug the levelers. Not gonna lie, there's been a few nights where we were so tired we just pulled in, hit the parking brake, rolled into the camper with no leveling or anything. Only thing we did was unplug from the truck so we didn't drain the battery overnight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodScout View Post
    there's been a few nights where we were so tired we just pulled in, hit the parking brake, rolled into the camper with no leveling or anything. Only thing we did was unplug from the truck so we didn't drain the battery overnight.
    I do that all the time - especially at truck stops and rest areas.

My truck will disconnect the charging line when I shut it off, so pretty much all I do is park, jump in the back, and go to sleep.

I'll usually pull the stairs up so they're not in the way of someone else parking next to me. That is a little risky, though, because if they park too close, I'll be trapped inside until they leave!
    signature

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do it all the time. And use one of these to get as close to level as possible:
    https://technorv.com/products/levelmatepro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentService View Post
    Same as above. I also chose to not empty the black tank unless needed and will run with about 1/4 potable. Helps keep the weight lower on the 5th wheel during higher winds. All I have to do in the morning is raise the landing gear. lock my pin (Ultimate Anderson hitch) and unplug 50 amp cord.
    Just reminded on another post that is going around, I will unhook if there is a chance of severe weather like tornado warnings. Was caught once during an overnighter in Ogallala, NB. Tornado warnings and still hooked up to TV. Wife has medical issues and does not get around well. Contacted camp host and they said they would pick us up, minus the dog, if it got worse. Luckily it was just to the south of our location so we did not have to evacuate.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast