User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FWIW, I've had curtains, and prefer doors, but that's me.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, you mention that….. I picked one up at Walmart this morning as we’re camping this Friday. I thought the same thing.

I’ll circle back to the group once I get some prices.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OshawaDave View Post
    I just received a response from GD. Glass shattering of any kind is not covered by warranty as there is no way to determine what happened.
    I understand the logic, but, not thrilled with their position. They indicated that if a manufacturer defect can be determined that a goodwill repair might be made.
    How can you determine a manufacturer defect when the door is in a million pieces.
    I got that as well but simply explained that it broke when stationary and nobody inside and they covered under goodwill warranty - took one phone call with that request - they did have to go ask the manager but it went through - I would call back explain it again and ask for it to be covered
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 | Laramie | 6.7L HO | SRW | 4x4 |

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I’ve since done that on the advice of my dealer as well. I’m waiting on a call back. I’ll keep the group posted.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    In all fairness, Grand Design can't rely on someone's word that they didn't simply leave the doors loose while traveling, and they were broken. People tend to be notoriously unreliable.
    As a former safety engineer, we assigned people a 1 in 100 failure rate, which is pretty bad...lol
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I don’t know what might have caused it. I’ve never checked the roller screws. I just attributed it to expansion of the aluminum and glass….. just a guess.
    We have had our 303 since fall of 2017 and have had no issues like this. It sounds like something came loose allowing pressure on the door glass. I would look for some loose screws on the supporting frame.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with GD and let them know that I'm a member of GD Owners Forum and that other owners have confirmed that GD covered similar issues and that I'm not happy with the inconsistent application of their warranty.

In the end, GD agreed to pay for the replacement door and shipping. I'm on the hook for labour cost at the dealer.

I'm fine with the resolution.

Just thought I'd let others know.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with GD and let them know that I'm a member of GD Owners Forum and that other owners have confirmed that GD covered similar issues and that I'm not happy with the inconsistent application of their warranty.

In the end, GD agreed to pay for the replacement door and shipping. I'm on the hook for labour cost at the dealer.

I'm fine with the resolution.

Just thought I'd let others know.
    Glad you got somewhere with them - If I remember right, that was their first offer which I asked them to go back and ask again since the trailer was less than a month old and I should not have to pay for something I did not do after spending so much on a brand new unit - they agreed and covered the labor under goodwill. If you can't get that, the install looks very simple anyways if you want to do it on your own.
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 | Laramie | 6.7L HO | SRW | 4x4 |

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is technically outside of the one year warranty. I thought, I’ll pay the labour and save the bigger fight for another day, should I need it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last update. I took it to the dealer today for the work. It took about 45 minutes for the technician to replace the door. The service advisor came over to me and said they were going to offer a goodwill gesture for labour. So, no cost to me at all. A nice surprise when I was expecting to about $150 for labour.

I'm sure another customer's unit is being billed for the time for warranty work, but, for me, it's all good.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast