User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Soundbar Solution for new Television

In our 2670MK the television comes up from beneath the counter on a motorized bracket. The opening is 37 7/8 wide. We just replaced the OEM TCL television with a Roku TV. The problem is that it does not have any analog sound outputs, so I can't connect it to our Jensen sound head.

I spent some time researching the issue in this forum, and it seems like the best solution for better TV sound would be a soundbar, rather than replace the Jensen head and the overhead speakers.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I don't really want the extra weight of a separate subwoofer, and I dont know where I would put one anyway. I am not looking for a high end audiophile until, just better sound than the TV speakers.

Thanks for the help.
    2018 2670MK
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71
    Blue Ox hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Bose Solo 5.

It is a bit on the higher-priced side, but the sound is fantastic and you can order it with wall mount brackets.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We usually use Samsung soundbars and they work well for the small spaces. They offer different sizes as well. As far as the sub, stick it behind the couch, the sub connects via its own wireless connection. The soundbar itself uses a fiber optic connection or blue tooth.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RicknBobbie View Post
    In our 2670MK the television comes up from beneath the counter on a motorized bracket. The opening is 37 7/8 wide. We just replaced the OEM TCL television with a Roku TV. The problem is that it does not have any analog sound outputs, so I can't connect it to our Jensen sound head.

I spent some time researching the issue in this forum, and it seems like the best solution for better TV sound would be a soundbar, rather than replace the Jensen head and the overhead speakers.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I don't really want the extra weight of a separate subwoofer, and I dont know where I would put one anyway. I am not looking for a high end audiophile until, just better sound than the TV speakers.

Thanks for the help.
    We went with a Samsung Soundbar from Costco (just added a second Samsung unit for the house).

We did get the Sub Woofer because we like the base, especially during action movies. The Sub Woofers are not over powering (as a matter of fact, they might be under powered in a large space) and they are easy to setup because of BlueTooth connectivity.

We set up our Soundbar to connect via BlueTooth to the Television and it works great.

I mounted the Soundbar on the little shelf that exists between the fireplace and the slide floor, I used a couple of strips of black Velcro to keep it in place and that is where it rides when we travel. Our only setup is to move the Sub Woofer into place and plug the Soundbar and Sub Woofer into the outlet right next to the fireplace.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got a cheap no name $60 from Amazon and returned it. Cheap sound. We then got a $100 cheap no name from Amazon and ended up returning it also. You get what you pay for.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also went with a Samsung Soundbar, don't remember if we got it from Costco or Sams Club. in our 303 the bar sits right under the TV on the small shelf and the subwoofer is behind the loveseat right across from the TV. Set up is easy and you can customize the sound a bit to your liking.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We also went with a Samsung Soundbar, don't remember if we got it from Costco or Sams Club. in our 303 the bar sits right under the TV on the small shelf and the subwoofer is behind the loveseat right across from the TV. Set up is easy and you can customize the sound a bit to your liking.
    I did the same on our 303RLS with a Sony soundbar and powered subwoofer. Love the sound now.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RicknBobbie View Post

Thanks for the help.
    Just an FYI, if you wanted to connect to the Jensen head unit there are two possible choices. 1) You could get a Bluetooth transmitter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09YHY121T) which could plug into the headphone jack of your TV and broadcast to the Jensen. 2) You could get the Roku remote app for your phone which via the headphone feature can also broadcast to the Jensen. I looked at soundbars for my coach and ended up improving the speakers instead. Better sound and less stuff around.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put this one in below and behind the 43" TV, gave up trying to get the remote to work on the Furrion radio, sound is great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive always been pleased with my Yamaha sound bars. Less money than some, cost co sells them, and I think they sound very good. With or without separate sub.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast