Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leveling system

Dan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling system

2022 Solitude 310GK. I am having a problem with the Lippert leveling system. After a day of sitting the trailer works fine. If the trailer sits for a few days and we move and ready to hitch up, I hit the hitch height button, the center and rear jacks don't retract. but the front jack goes to hitch height. The only way I get the jacks to retract is hit auto level button and let it level, then hit the auto hitch button, then the jacks retract and it goes to hitch height. The concern is the pressure that the rear jacks are taking when it goes to hitch height without the jacks retracting. Any body else have this problem?
    TIA

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headsouth View Post
    2022 Solitude 310GK. I am having a problem with the Lippert leveling system. After a day of sitting the trailer works fine. If the trailer sits for a few days and we move and ready to hitch up, I hit the hitch height button, the center and rear jacks don't retract. but the front jack goes to hitch height. The only way I get the jacks to retract is hit auto level button and let it level, then hit the auto hitch button, then the jacks retract and it goes to hitch height. The concern is the pressure that the rear jacks are taking when it goes to hitch height without the jacks retracting. Any body else have this problem?
    TIA
    Sorry, don't have any insights for you. The hitch height feature has never worked well for me. I typically raise the front manually until it is high enough to hitch, then once on the ball, I use "Retract All." I haven't observed any stress on the rear legs doing it this way.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order to get to hitch height, the rears have to retract some. Ours does the same, sometimes (it's very inconsistent). Don't think it is an issue as it's just a repositioning of the hydraulic fluid from the center and rear jacks into the fluid reservoir (dealer and GD have said the same). I have to press retract all multiple times to get all the jacks up, especially in colder temps. Warm temps, seems to work fine. Been thinking about changing hydraulic fluid to full synthetic as opposed to what GD installs to see if that helps, but really hasn't been worth the time or effort yet.

EDIT: This is apparently a long known issue for Lippert. If you aren't getting a red flashing LED on the outside panel, I wouldn't worry about it.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ulic-slideouts

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ighlight=80amp

Below is the Lippert response to someone else with the same issue - taken from another forum.

"Thank you, that is normal. You will not always see the rear and middle jacks retract when doing hitch height. It is all pressurized and at times you may not see them retract. It equalizes the pressure enough for the front jacks to raise. If there is anything else we can help out with, please let us know. Have a great day!"
    Last edited by ajg617; 04-23-2023 at 10:12 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it works when not sitting for any length of time, I would lean toward thinking it's a sticky solenoid valve. You might try some anti-stiction fluid first. But I think if it were mine, I would change out the fluid. And going to full synthetic can't hurt I'm sure. And add some anti-stiction fluid at the same time. JMO of course. What it's doing won't cause any harm to the jacks, they are designed to be strong enough to support several times the weight of the trailer.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Dan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Hoopy Frood, I might change over to same anti stiction and give it a try.

Dan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Lippert info. I was just concerned about those rear jacks taking pressure, and of course the whole system not working properly.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitch height has never worked for me either. Try hitting hitch height twice. This will cause the rear jacks to retract. At least it does on my trailer. Then adjust the front jacks as needed to hitch up.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I've had no issues with Hitch Height. I put the slides in, then Hitch Height, then raise or lower the trailer to hook up to the truck. It's never exactly where it needs to be, but it always raises the middle and rear jacks, and is fairly close. No problems yet.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headsouth View Post
    Thanks for the Lippert info. I was just concerned about those rear jacks taking pressure, and of course the whole system not working properly.
    FYI, I put two quarts of Cat anti-stiction fluid in and it made no difference on jack retraction. And, all of my jacks, including front, seem to be reluctant to retract after I've hitched - but which ones vary all the time. I can hear the relay click off and reset. No alarm LED, they just randomly stop retracting.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Hitch height has never worked for me either. Try hitting hitch height twice. This will cause the rear jacks to retract. At least it does on my trailer. Then adjust the front jacks as needed to hitch up.
    Hitch height works for me IF.
    I have not touched the keypad after it auto levels AND, the load in my truck has not changed. This rarely happens. But it is a good starting point
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast