Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low voltage 379fl 2015

When I try auto level I get "low voltage" indicator. Hooked up overnight and still will not level. Cannot do it with manual level also. Thinking of taking battery out and having it checked. I read I must do certain things before disconnecting battery. What are they. Or does someone know a reason for continuing to get that error message. Thank you

Will70
    I have had that too. Check your battery disconnect switch. Make sure it is on. You could hook your tow cable back to truck and do it that way using truck to charge battery up. Takes a little while to recharge. We had a bad battery and used jumper cables from truck battery to trailer battery and did it that way.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi gamppy,

There is some troubleshooting you can do before removing the battery. This will require a digital voltmeter.
    First, make sure the battery connections are tight.
    Voltage across the battery terminals should be over 13.5 V. If not, the converter (battery charger) is not working.
    When you engage the levelling system, voltage should still be about 12 V. If it drops lower, you may have a defective battery.

If you need to remove the battery, turn off the battery disconnect switch and turn off the breaker for the converter. Then disconnect the negative cable to the battery before you disconnect the positive cable.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

TCrawf5825
    I added a sleep number bed in the bedroom to my model 379Sl and in the process the tech added an other outlet in the bedroom, that was the last thing to change in the electrical system. I have had the unit for 1 month. I went away for a few days and then came back and started the diesel, and a number of outlets are out. I did nothing to the unit since the last time I used it. I have cycled all the breakers checked all the fuses, since I heard there was a storm while I was gone I went on the roof and looked for leaks, I have found outlets in the storage compartments exterior and under the kitchen table labeled GCFI but have no test switch. I checked every outlet and the only ones that work are the two in the kitchen and one by the sofa. Other than going back to the tech who installed the new outlet does anyone else have anymore ideas ?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TCrawf5825 View Post
    came back and started the diesel . . .
    Hi TCrawf5825,

Started the diesel . . . as in diesel generator, I presume ?
    Do you have access to shore power to see what works when plugged in ?
    There has been discussion elsewhere on this forum about loose connections in the generator/shore transfer switch. This might be a place to start.
    The outlets marked GFCI but without a test/reset switch are protected by the first outlet on this circuit that has the reset button.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

TCrawf5825
    I don't have access to shore power where I'm at. I just replaced the only GFCIb switch I have and that did not fix the problem about the only answer I can think of now is changing all the outlets until I get the right one. I know we're not supposed to criticize grand design on these forums but I have had this unit for 3 1/2 weeks and found a filter missing on the suction side of my water pump causing it to suck air not operate. Had a close rack come down because it was being held up with 1/8 inch screws. And now this. I am starting to wonder when I will I get to stop going behind the people who assembled this unit and enjoy the thing. Just venting

TCrawf5825
    Another thought on my electrical situation is the only GFCI I could find is in the bathroom. Does anyone know of another one?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically there is only one GFCI outlet installed as the first in the circuit and other outlets added to that same circuit will be protected by it. On our 337 the GFCI is on one end of the island but protects 4 other outlets in the same circuit...other end of the island, bathroom outlet, docking station outlet and curb-side bsmt outlet.

Can you provide some more information on what is happening?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

TCrawf5825
    I replaced the GFCIB and the problem didn't go away so I started replacing one GFI at a time and testing afterward after the 4 th one the problem went away. Thanks for your help !!! I certainly learned my system in detail

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I was having issues with my level system all the techs that I talked to told me that it was a low voltage issue, turned out to be a weak 50 amp breaker
    John & Caren
    2014 Solitude 369RL #331
    2005 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Cummins & manual 6 speed