User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

External Level Controller Not Turning On

Just pulled the trailer out from storage and found the external controller not functioning. It would not turn on by pressing the Up and Down button at the same time. When I used the internal control board everything worked fine. Even the green light on the external controller came on during auto level function. Is there a way to troubleshoot the external controller or just replace it?

Thanks,
    Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had the very same issue, after not using the camper for 5 months.

I tested inside and everything was working, went back outside and cycled through pressing the Up an Down arrows 3 or 4 times
    and the green light came on and the external pad functioned.

I did notice that the lowering of the front legs seemed a tad slower and initially worked in fits and starts..

Not sure if it is a voltage issue, or the pad is failing. LMK if you hear anything more re this issue.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdjaguar View Post
    I just had the very same issue, after not using the camper for 5 months.

I tested inside and everything was working, went back outside and cycled through pressing the Up an Down arrows 3 or 4 times
    and the green light came on and the external pad functioned.

I did notice that the lowering of the front legs seemed a tad slower and initially worked in fits and starts..

Not sure if it is a voltage issue, or the pad is failing. LMK if you hear anything more re this issue.
    Ours set for (5) months as well in an enclosed unit. After seeing this controller and the $200 price tag I went out and imitated I was on an old manual typewriter. After about 2 minutes of hitting the up/down arrow the green light came on and it was operational again. I have a feeling the controller suffered from some contact corrosion creating to much resistance to activate. I had the exact same slow jack response to start off with. Battery was at full charge 13.9v and also plugged into shore power. It has after several uses returned to normal. Get to hang on to that $200 for a little longer.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same exact problem. I'll try what y'all have suggested. This forum has saved me so much time and money. I appreciate you guys posting your experiences. Thank you!
    Ross & Sue | Papillion, Nebraska
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 F-350 XLT CCSB FX4 7.3L Gas
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch