Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Filter and a Few Questions Regarding De-winterizing New 297 RSTS

Hello Camping Friends,

Let me start by saying we are "newbies." :-) We have purchased a new 2023 GD 297 RSTS (Reflection Travel Trailer) and are bringing it home tomorrow. It was winterized by the dealer and of course we will need to de-winterize. We plan to "live" in it in our driveway for several days before heading out to a local camping ground in a couple weeks. I have a few questions....... Aside from following the video instructions put out on YouTube by GD for De-winterization of our model line, is there anything else we need to do? A friend of mine mentioned we should remove the internal water filter before flushing out the anti-freeze and then replace the filter after the after lines are clear? If this is necessary? If so, where is this filter and any tips there? Also, there is currently anti-freeze in the washer/dryer lines in the front bedroom. If we don't plan on hooking up W/D can we just leave the anti-freeze in those lines and not worry about flushing that area? Last, since this is a new non-previously used trailer, do we even need to worry about running a Sanitization Mode on the nautilus at the end of de-winterization? Thank so much for your help!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The filter should have been removed before the trailer was winterized. If not, definitely pitch it after de-winterizing. Not sure where it's located, ours is in right near the Nautilus panel, on the side wall.
    We have the washer water lines, and have never messed with them beyond running antifreeze through them once. I don't flush them, so far so good.
    You may not need to sanitize, but it can't hurt. Doesn't take that long and they you'll be sure.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Hoopy Frood. I appreciate the help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long does it take tap water to start growing stuff?
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo1965 View Post
    Hello Camping Friends,

Let me start by saying we are "newbies." :-) We have purchased a new 2023 GD 297 RSTS (Reflection Travel Trailer) and are bringing it home tomorrow. It was winterized by the dealer and of course we will need to de-winterize. We plan to "live" in it in our driveway for several days before heading out to a local camping ground in a couple weeks. I have a few questions....... Aside from following the video instructions put out on YouTube by GD for De-winterization of our model line, is there anything else we need to do? A friend of mine mentioned we should remove the internal water filter before flushing out the anti-freeze and then replace the filter after the after lines are clear? If this is necessary? If so, where is this filter and any tips there? Also, there is currently anti-freeze in the washer/dryer lines in the front bedroom. If we don't plan on hooking up W/D can we just leave the anti-freeze in those lines and not worry about flushing that area? Last, since this is a new non-previously used trailer, do we even need to worry about running a Sanitization Mode on the nautilus at the end of de-winterization? Thank so much for your help!
    There is no water filter in a Reflection.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely purge the W/D lines. Just open the valves into a 5 gallon bucket.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    That depends, entirely, on what else is in the tank.

Plastics leach oil, new plastic is often coated with preservatives.

Dirt and sawdust can make their way into the tank during installation, etc.

Sanitize the tank before use.

It’s easy, cheap health insurance.

Alternatively, drink and cook with bottled water.

Moi?

Sanitize the fresh water tank, then filter through a ZeroWater filter for drinking and cooking.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    As @Najataagihe mentioned, it depends on a variety of factors: temperature, purity of the water source, cleanliness of your supply hose and accessories (filter, regulator, etc.). I sanitize the complete fresh water system once a year - usually late May.

Cheers!
    Al
    Al and BJ

2014 Reflection 323BHS
    573FR3820E3300501
    2020 F350 Super Duty 6.7 PowerStroke SRW
    2007 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sanitize at the beginning of the season & when the trailer sits for a couple of months between uses. We drink bottled water, but brush our teeth make coffee with city/tank water & fill dog bowls with it. Sanitize it-it's easy. Sure don't want a case of the "oh no!!!" on a hike or bike ride.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo1965 View Post
    Hello Camping Friends,

While I don't believe that the Reflections have the same sort of filter your friend was talking about, it can't hurt to add an inline filter before your water intake. When I de-winterize, I try to flush water through every line until the pink stops. And yes, by all means, sterilize your fresh water tank. It's cheap insurance. We usually carry our cooking/drinking water in a portable tank, but we might use the fresh tank for brushing our teeth, just don't want to take a chance of getting sick. I re-sanitize any time the fresh tank has been sitting with water in it during warm weather.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast