User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MrKojack1

Almost Impossible To Contact Grand Design

This is just a gripe. I was checking out a Grand Design Momentum at my local dealer and I had some questions about their frame construction that the sales sales associate couldn't answer so I decided to send some emails to Grand Design. Three different emails and a brochure request and to this day I haven't heard a word from anybody. I can just imagine if I would have bought one and had an issue my dealer couldn't answer. Has anybody else experienced this?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with GD is the exact opposite. Of course I have never tried the email route. I do find that if a call is placed, if not answered, it is returned.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKojack1 View Post
    This is just a gripe. I was checking out a Grand Design Momentum at my local dealer and I had some questions about their frame construction that the sales sales associate couldn't answer so I decided to send some emails to Grand Design. Three different emails and a brochure request and to this day I haven't heard a word from anybody. I can just imagine if I would have bought one and had an issue my dealer couldn't answer. Has anybody else experienced this?
    If you will repost this in the tech corner, Janice, the customer service guru will answer you Tfhey monitor this owners site but not every section.
    As David said I think you will find most of us have had the opposite experience Customer service is top notch and they are very receptive.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Dave and Sandi said, my experience is the opposite. Also post your question and you are apt to get some knowledgeable responses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had good communications with them. Before I bought mine, I asked a question and it was answered quick. I had a couple problems and I heard back with a favorable response both times.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prior to our purchase I called GD to ask some questions (hitch and weight type stuff). I was given the direct email to the product line manager best able to answer my questions. I emailed him and received a lengthy, very informative response within 24 hours. From reading on this forum, this seems to be the general flavor of experiences for most folks.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have posted a comment or two about issues and received responses (both email and via telephone) from GDRV within 2 hours of posting - - unsolicited ! I have also sent a couple emails to the warranty dept that went unanswered so I called. While speaking with Jerry, listening to him talking to himself as he searched for email traffic about my problem, I realized they possibly may not have an email system I am accustomed to in US Gvt. ie: much more difficult to have priorities pop up, auto response trackers, etc.

GDRV has been extremely accommodating by giving out phone numbers and telling folks to call 24/7. As time goes on that policy obviously must tighten up or the person can't get anything accomplished. Today it seems the phone is our friend vs email with GDRV. As others have said - - use it. They're friendly folks.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in a similar boat with MrKojack1. I have had to keep calling to gain a response and even when advised here that they would call they did not. While I see others with responses I would suggest that it is not occurring across the board, I do see others with the same issue here and on the FB page. While I would say that GD's service is better than other businesses my experience has been tempered.
    Last edited by CManley; 08-11-2015 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used their on line "General Inquiry Contact Form" twice over the past couple of months and never received an email response so I wouldn't suggest that route. I'll be calling or using this forum from now on.
    Smitty and Diana
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4486
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
    2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 w/Cummins 6.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just called, they answer the phone. 574-825-9679
    Russ, Maureen, & Victor the Boxer
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 - 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 375RE