User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barr0208 View Post
    if you are 70 or older those records are gone off the system so they will not see it when they type in your name.
    Absolutely not, they will follow you to your grave.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I have obtained my 40-year-old misdemeanor arrest records and I have written up a very detailed explanation as to the reason for the arrests. I have also gathered documentation regarding my rehabilitation since these arrests, showing that I became a productive and compliant citizen since those days gone by, as well as completing the required "Application for Rehabilitation for Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity" form. These are the things that Canada requires in order to even be considered to be allowed to enter the country.

Not going to submit to their system, pay the money and wait and hope. Will present to border officers upon arrival, along with itinerary, and if they allow us to cross, OK, if not, then that is OK too. Will be in northern Maine anyway and will ensure the camping reservation I make in Canada will have the most minimal cancellation fees. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if we are unable to visit Nova Scotia, then we are going to beautiful northern Michigan and westward from there. Will follow-up with outcome for those who may be interested. Attempt will be made late July 2023.
    Steve & Sally Borders
    2019 2600RB Grand Design Imagine
    Pulled by 2023 2500 Chevrolet Z71 Turbo Diesel
    <”)))><

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sborders View Post
    So, I have obtained my 40-year-old misdemeanor arrest records and I have written up a very detailed explanation as to the reason for the arrests. I have also gathered documentation regarding my rehabilitation since these arrests, showing that I became a productive and compliant citizen since those days gone by, as well as completing the required "Application for Rehabilitation for Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity" form. These are the things that Canada requires in order to even be considered to be allowed to enter the country.

Not going to submit to their system, pay the money and wait and hope. Will present to border officers upon arrival, along with itinerary, and if they allow us to cross, OK, if not, then that is OK too. Will be in northern Maine anyway and will ensure the camping reservation I make in Canada will have the most minimal cancellation fees. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if we are unable to visit Nova Scotia, then we are going to beautiful northern Michigan and westward from there. Will follow-up with outcome for those who may be interested. Attempt will be made late July 2023.
    Good luck! It will all depend on the officers mood that day, hopefully he/she will be nice to you.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks much
    Steve & Sally Borders
    <”)))><

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was finally able to speak with a person at Canadian Border Patrol and they said if record is older than 10 years I will not have to submit any forms. Just provide arrest record at border and they will determine at that time if any of the offences are considered capital offences in Canada. if not, we will be allowed to enter. Since mine were misdemeanors {petit offences} we should have no problem. Bummer is that now that it appears we will not have a problem visiting, we are not sure we want to with the recent fire damage to the forests and the accompanying smell.
    Steve & Sally Borders
    <”)))><

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sborders View Post
    I was finally able to speak with a person at Canadian Border Patrol and they said if record is older than 10 years I will not have to submit any forms. Just provide arrest record at border and they will determine at that time if any of the offences are considered capital offences in Canada. if not, we will be allowed to enter. Since mine were misdemeanors {petit offences} we should have no problem. Bummer is that now that it appears we will not have a problem visiting, we are not sure we want to with the recent fire damage to the forests and the accompanying smell.
    The fires, except for Northern Quebec, Alberta and BC are under control or have mostly been dealt with. You can track them here https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/intera...year=2023#iMap
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We crossed several days ago and are now in Jasper, they did not ask about any criminal record, when we crossed.
    I have been Caribou hunting twice in Quebec and was not asked, one of the guys that went on the first caribou trip had an old DWI and was not asked about it and was let in, and yes we drove one trip and flew the second. The person with the DWI was on the drive trip.
    Just saying that has been our actual experience.
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK
    2022 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 Godzilla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12