User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    If you could contact GD and see if they would give you the hydraulic schematic it would help troubleshooting.
    The GD CS rep said he's going to talk with their lead tech tomorrow. I've had a case open since Feb when the 310 was still covered under factory warranty and which the dealer wrote off as cold weather but apparently didn't close the case with GD. I am going to re-run the tests with shore power to see if that makes a difference. I might also poke Battleborn and ask them for what they need to determine health of the batteries.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd give Lippert a call. Their techs are usually very helpful and knowledgeable.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Six point Lippert hydraulic jacks are plumbed so that Each mod/rear levele on one side are connected in tandem.

The two rear levelers d9 not retract at the same time.. if the7 do then something is really odd on your hydrauilc plumbing..

To level side to side the mid/rear levelers are connected together on drives side and same for the passenger side,,

They Are isolated from side to side .

Otherwise when trying to auto level the side to side would never be correct

My system in cold weather ( below 32 ) initially might pull 70 + amps and never exceeds 80.. typical amp draw on initial motion is 8n the 45 - 65 range..

I use AW32 hyd oil in my system

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent about 3 hours gathering diagnostic data for LCI and GD on excessive draw when the rear jacks are raised during hitch height or retract all. Tested the 2 Battleborns and they hold their charge. Suffice to say two repetitions of hitch height and auto-level is enough to set the BMV low voltage alarm off dropping the batteries from 14.6V to 12.2V and give me a flashing red LED on the One Control Panel. LCI and GD both have cases open now. Was 65 degrees today so it isn't cold weather. Hit 126 Amps on retraction of four rear jacks today - leveling only 30 amps per side with all three lowering.

For reference per LCI and visual inspection, when hitch height is pressed, both mid jacks begin retracting and after reaching about 3 inches clearance to the ground, the rear two jacks begin retracting so all four are retracting at the same time - which pulls the high Amps and drops battery voltage by well over one volt per attempt.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, that is just crazy. It just seems like there has to be a restriction in the line when all four jacks are operating, causing the motor to pull higher amperage. Maybe the solenoid isn't opening far enough to allow all the cylinders to return fluid to the reservoir.

Fluid is being pumped into the cylinders at the bottom pushing the cylinders up, if the flow is restricted back to the reservoir, then pressure is going to increase as the pump tries to overcome the restriction. More fluid moving back to the reservoir would cause increased restriction, leading to increased pressure, i.e. higher motor draw. Maybe?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Man, that is just crazy.
    Yep. Don't seem to have a problem lowering, just raising and then only the rears. LCI asked me to measure voltages along the path from the batteries to the motor and there is no resistance drop until the motor kicks in. They said if I should see any voltage drop of more than .6V which of course I did every time the rears retracted, it was time to start replacing parts. Now I'm wondering if I didn't hit this problem at Nebraska City HH last season which I could never recover from. We'd been running the furnace at night for a few nights straight and I got used to seeing my SOC drop a little. But I had to hitch and un-hitch twice at the HH on battery, then run the furnace that night. BMV alarm woke me up at 5am at 20% SOC and voltage under 12. Hasn't been right since.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well....I'm going to make an educated(?) guess that the problem is with your rear jack solenoid. It's not shifting all the way when retracting. At rest, the solenoid locks the fluid. To deploy, it shifts completely and works fine. On retraction through either a faulty solenoid or a contaminent, the solenoid can't shift completely resulting in a restricted return to tank path. Restricted flow=higher pressure=higher pump load=higher amps.

As to the cct brkr not reseting, let it cool and it probably will.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Well....I'm going to make an educated(?) guess that the problem is with your rear jack solenoid. It's not shifting all the way when retracting. At rest, the solenoid locks the fluid. To deploy, it shifts completely and works fine. On retraction through either a faulty solenoid or a contaminent, the solenoid can't shift completely resulting in a restricted return to tank path. Restricted flow=higher pressure=higher pump load=higher amps.

As to the cct brkr not reseting, let it cool and it probably will.
    I'm good with that - but is that the same solenoid that supports the slides because they go in and out just fine and draw only about 30-35 Amps? I did think it curious that the solenoid showed some voltage on both studs from the motor but with a big difference.

I think the CB is stuck open. I have an extra non-resetting CB that I can install and probably will just to see if that one pops.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shouldn't think the same solenoid would work for the slides, a different circuit if you will. OTOH, I don't think each leg has its own solenoid, that there is one solenoid for the front legs, one for the rear/center legs on each side, and one for the slides. Just my thoughts anyway.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different solenoid between slide and jacks..but I'm just trying to make a best guess. Without the schematic I really don't know exactly how it's plumbed...I'm guessing at it being pretty simple hydraulics (being an RV).
    Jack pairs do need to be able to act individually to some extent in order to level a trailer.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 04-29-2023 at 06:26 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast