User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eye protection advice

I suffered a detached retina last summer. 3 surgeries down, HOPEFULLY one more to go. The opthalmologist advised me - commanded, really - to wear eye protection when training with contact. The detached retina, surgery and recovery were freaking miserable, and Lord I do not want to go through that again.

I've trained primarily striking, with some judo/BJJ for balance. (All respect to BJJ but I do not enjoy it.) I'm 53 years old so if I can't be "fighter guy" any more that's hardly the end of the world (and truth be told I was never very good anyway), but it will make me unhappy.

Does anybody have any experience with eye pro for training? I've never seen anyone using it, and my dr, while insisting I use it, didn't have any examples to offer.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do realize this is a recreational trailer forum?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryrennis View Post
    I suffered a detached retina last summer. 3 surgeries down, HOPEFULLY one more to go. The opthalmologist advised me - commanded, really - to wear eye protection when training with contact. The detached retina, surgery and recovery were freaking miserable, and Lord I do not want to go through that again.

I've trained primarily striking, with some judo/BJJ for balance. (All respect to BJJ but I do not enjoy it.) I'm 53 years old so if I can't be "fighter guy" any more that's hardly the end of the world (and truth be told I was never very good anyway), but it will make me unhappy.

Does anybody have any experience with eye pro for training? I've never seen anyone using it, and my dr, while insisting I use it, didn't have any examples to offer.
    I know nothing about that product. But I will comment. You have one set of eyes. take care of them. maybe you will be unhappy not being a fighter guy.... How unhappy would you be blind?
    Listen to your doctor.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison